It's Friday...Day 5...how is everyone doing?

I just thought I'd reach out to everyone this morning. It's Friday, and outside of a little binge last night (naughty) I've done pretty well with eating to live rather than living to eat this week. I managed to not make last night's lapse an excuse to have junk for breakfast this morning, even thought there are apple fritters, apple turnovers and some cheese danish thingey in my house. Yay me. Little victories will get me where I'm going. I felt so guilty about eating junk last night that I did some extra exercises. lol. At least that's a sign that my head is mostly in the right place.

How is everyone else doing???

Let's make a weekend goal of getting our exercise in, eating well, and drinking plenty of water. If we have one bad moment, let's make a pact not to make it an excuse to eat like crap all weekend and blow our progress for the week!

Replies

• swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Doing ok. I need to work on staying under my calorie goal, but even though I've been higher I'm still at a deficit, so that's good. Still need to work on water and exercise, but it's been a hard week so I'm not stressing it. I'VE LOGGED EVERYTHING!!!
  • nanadu
    nanadu Posts: 3 Member
    so far so good.
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Great work so far guys!! I'm doing well actually, and I feel a load better than I did before! I've been drinking water, logging everything...although my water consumption hasn't been so good today...

My biggest test is going to be this weekend. I usually fall off the wagon on Fridays (after a few glasses of wine...) but I've pre-logged everything I'm going to eat, and allowed myself some wine, so hopefully I can stick with it. I'm determined!!

:)
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    So far so good. Logged all food so far this week, and have worked out twice and am heading to the gym after work again today. Gonna do my best not to fall off the wagon out to dinner tonight. I will opt for a nice salad and a glass of wine. Can't wait to see what the scale says on Monday morning. Hopefully I am making progress....
  • Good here!! The cravings for junk are still there but not quite as strong, so that's a good sign. Today's tasks include staying as close to my calorie goal as possible, remember to count my glasses of water--I always forget that, and get my 5 mile walk in tonight. The scale is saying a little less, and I hope it stays that way over the weekend for our weigh-in on Monday. Here's to a healthy, no-regrets weekend-hopefully! :)
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Doing good here!!! Today was the first day in a long time that I looked in the mirror and actually felt good about myself. So excited to keep this up. Also I've decided to do 30DS so hopefully I can pick that up tonight or sometime this weekend :)
  • MrsBiscoe
    MrsBiscoe Posts: 177 Member
    Doing good so far, been trying to stay under my calories and drinking plenty of water. :drinker: I have been exercising everyday, including my 30 to 40 min walks. I have lost 1 lb this week. yippee ye.
  • So proud of myself- there's been a bag of chips in the cupboard for a week and I haven't touched it! Having way less cravings for all the bad carbs and sugar.
    Been sticking to my daily water intake goal, keeping calorie intake in check, getting a bit of exercise in everyday and been feeling good all round. I really hope it reflects when I weigh in next week..
    Determined not to fall off the wagon this weekend and planning increasing my workout intensity next week :)
  • ToshaRozema
    ToshaRozema Posts: 30 Member
    Hey Everyone, Im doing really well so far..the scale isnt showing much progress, but I can def feel it :D
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Glad to hear you guys are doing so well!!! :) Love seeing all the motivation and determination!

I'm doing okayyyyy. I feel I could be doing better. I've logged everything, and stayed under cal goals... but I've only logged 2 exercise days ... Sigh. lol

Totally ready to do this tho! So, I'm just gonna push through and do more today than I did yesterday!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    This is actually Day 6 for me (I started on Sunday) and I'm doing GREAT! I'm so excited to be back on track. I've had 6 days of being under calorie goal, drinking at least 8 glasses of water, and exercising EVERY day (though one day was only a 10 min walk).

We can all make great progress by Christmas! Let's get it done!!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    This has been a great week so far! Monday through Thursday (not done logging yet today) I have maintained a calorie deficit. I have exercised every single day, burning over 1,000 calories each day during my workouts. Two of those workouts included Body Pump classes, so I'm building muscle as well as burning the fat. My scale says I'm down 3.5lbs so far this week since Sunday, which is my official weigh in day. I weigh every day to keep myself on track. Oh, and I'm drinking at least 8 large glasses of water each day, too! I feel great!!

I'm happy to see so many of us here doing well. That's exciting!! Now that the weekend is here, try to stay on track everyone! I know that can be difficult.
  • Caguppie
    Caguppie Posts: 53 Member
    Ugh. Do I need to say more?

Well, in the spirit of full-disclosure, let me just say I'm failing. It's been an emotional and sleep-deprived few days (like, I'm missing a whole nights worth of sleep, at least). Cutting myself a little slack but NOT giving up.
  • Cagupple - Sorry this week's been tough! Keep on going and don't give up!!

For me, this week has been good, but not as good as I wanted it to be. I have been eating well and staying active, but I have not been able to work out much. I am seeing progress though and I feel great.
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    It was my birthday today and we went out to dinner.... I did pretty bad. But we worked out this afternoon so I feel better... hoping to meet my goal still
  • lzygrl
    lzygrl Posts: 43 Member
    so far so good.

^ this
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    This week has been nothing but stressful for me (between arguing with the hubby, dealing with a friends issue, school, etc) but the great news is that i have been under calorie wise this week, and hoping that the weekend will be better!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mrscreager
    mrscreager Posts: 32 Member
    Hey everyone! I was going soo good until last night.. I rolled my ankle at crossfit, my goal is to do 100 miles by Christmas and I roll my ankle on the 5th day! BAAAAHHH!!! HUMMMBUG!!

Hopefully it will feel better in a few days, gonna try and go walk on it a bit tonight!
  • cbellanger
    cbellanger Posts: 25 Member
    I am staying steady. I have to admit that cheese has been my downfall this week. I have been over every single day this week. So, my new mini-goal is to lay off the cheese! Exercise has been good though. Had to take a few days off for my tendonitis of the knee, but I am back to business. Monday will be my half-way point in the 30DS, so I am really excited about that! :)
  • 1lb down this week, need to step it up!