The end of Round 4

Options
selig0730
selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
I have gone a long way since we have started back in June, when i started i was 198 pounds already lost 51 pounds and didnt think i could lose anymore. with this group and the support of everyone and of course my self i manage to lose another 24 pounds. This round was really weird i lose 4.5 right away and then Thanksgiving came and i gained it all back but today i stand on the scale and lost the thanksgiving weight and more. so i lost 5 pounds for round 4. How did you guys do?

Replies

• pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I ended this round down 14 pounds over the 7 weeks.

I lost the first round, then tanked for rounds 2 and 3 gaining a few pounds each time due to overeating (vacations/celebrations).

I worked hard this round knowing that the next month will be difficult.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I ended this round down 14 pounds over the 7 weeks.

I lost the first round, then tanked for rounds 2 and 3 gaining a few pounds each time due to overeating (vacations/celebrations).

I worked hard this round knowing that the next month will be difficult.

14 pounds great job
  • helen8297
    helen8297 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not great numbers wise, i've done about 3lbs. However, those 3lbs have taken me to the lightest i've been in about 3-4 years so i'm pretty happy!

I'm thinking we should open up the challenge on the msg boards again to get a load of new people on board for a 5th round? what you think?
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I never had a lot of weight to lose when we started this, but what I did have was pretty stubborn! I was losing around 1/2 pound a week averaging 1250 net calories a day, which is hard for me to maintain. I lost almost ten pounds over the summer, but then gained a few back this fall. I've been really struggling to lose those few I regained, but am probably not as consistent as I was in the summer. If I learned one thing throughout all of this, consistency is really important for me.

I look at all we have lost since this started and it is really pretty amazing! I haven't written in awhile, but this group and this process has really meant a lot to me. Thanks to you all for keeping me motivated!
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do not officially weigh in until tomorrow but this was a weird one for me. Lost very little and would gain it back. However, I SHOULD HIT MY GOAL WEIGHT TOMORROW. I started this journey at 158 lbs on May 1 and am on track to be 128 tomorrow morning. I would love a round 5 just to keep me honest.And am thinking of changing my goal to 124. (I am 5'1")
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Round 4, I am down 6 lbs. Not bad for a round that included my birthday and Thanksgiving!
    Since Round 1 I have released 33 pounds. I am trying not to refer to pounds as lost, because that leaves open that they can be found and these pounds are gone FOREVER!
    TWelker---congrats on being so close to goal.
    I think we should start a brand new spread sheet to get more folks, we haven't been as active as we were. Either way, I am in.
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I was only down 1.4 lbs for round 4, had many challenges in over the last 2 rounds and been discouraged and depressed over it. But I am ready to start fresh with round 5 :)
  • helen8297
    helen8297 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh congrats Twelker! How lovely!

I'll aim to set up a new spreadsheet and refresh the page, then will post it in the forums over the next few days, when i get a mo! x
  • tinyjaz
    tinyjaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I stumbled at the finish line, gaining 2 pounds this week after flying out to a family wedding. Overall I lost 7.5lbs this round but I just crunched the numbers and since round 1 of the challenge I have lost a surprising 33.2lbs! Thankyou to everyone & congratulations on all the effort!
  • Nadine14040
    Nadine14040 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You people are amazing! Great job!! You are precisely what I need on this journey and many heartfelt thanks for the motivation. I'm not active on here much in terms of posting and what not (wish I could access the boards from my phone) but I definitely look to the spreadsheet and all of your comments for inspiration. I broke through a mental plateau that held me in the 170's and that's HUGE for me, even if the overall numbers aren't as impressive as I would have liked! I absolutely want to continue tracking with all of you. I've 'returned' the first 10 pound gift from my first son and part of the 10 pound gift from my second...and I have 4 sweet boys in total so that leaves a few more gifts to go ;) Good luck to the rest of you...I look forward to walking (or running!) through this journey with you!