New Here

Options
pamelazee
pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
Hi, I'm new here and noticed no one had posted in this group for several months. Is anyone still checking the threads? If I get some reponses, hopefully I can ask you all some questions!

Replies

• bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Still checking the boards, but kind of took some time off with my Striiv...need to get back to wearing it. This school year has been very hectic, and I was stressing myself when I didn't get my goal steps for the day.
    I wish some of my friends had it so we could do challenges together!!
    Happy to see you on here!!
  • xaemama
    Options
    Yes! I joined last week and noticed there hadn't been any new posts in a while. So glad to see more people posting! I keep my Striiv on me all day long. I have logged over 100,000 steps in 2 weeks and walked across Rhode Island (miles). :) I love Striiv!
  • bridgeo74
    Options
    Yay!! More people!! I started this group and was hoping more people would join!!
    Yesterday I started a challenge with myself called Decmber Determination.
    What it bolis down to is that I am determined to NOT go to bed until I workout and/or walk over 10, 000 steps. A litle pre-New Year resolution....
    Happy to have you newbies on here.
    Feel free to friend me if you like!!
  • melzenitram
    melzenitram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I've had my strive two weeks and i've already dropped eight pounds. I never thought this little thing would get me up and moving the way it has! i returned my fitbit and i'm glad that i did because the striiv is SO much better....at least for me. If anyone wants to add me as a friend ...feel free! C: happy striiv-ing!
  • melzenitram
    melzenitram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    LOVE this idea! I think I shall do the same thing. off i go to walk laps in my driveway!
  • justjennydee
    Options
    Hi everyone =)

I just got a Striiv Smart today and I am loving it. I competed all of my easy challenges and it was really fun. I would love to get some friends on there though to further my motivation =)
  • Miccline
    Miccline Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just purchased a striiv and glad I found a group using the same gizmo. I would love to friend some folks to "play" but how do I do that without it going through my facebook account?

P
  • penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just purchased a striiv and glad I found a group using the same gizmo. I would love to friend some folks to "play" but how do I do that without it going through my facebook account?

P
    I just got one also . The ap on my phone says you can friend people through facebook, email, or text. I haven't been able to try it though because I don't know anyone else that has one.
    I'd like to have 2-3 friends on there just for motivation and friendly competition
  • Miccline
    Options
    Ok - I think I figured it out! On the striiv app, if you click on the facebook icon, but set the permission restrictions (who can see your posts) to "only me" it will bring up the FB login page, click off of that, then click on "Invite Friends." The next page will bring up 3 options FB, Email and text.

I am going to be bold and invite a few of you to "friend." If you don't want to play that is okay :flowerforyou:

P
  • bridgeo74
    Options
    Is the Striiv app on your Smartphone??
    I will have to check this out!! No one I live around has one, it would be so nice to have some people to "compete" with.
  • Miccline
    Options
    Yes it is on my iPhone and really addictive. I have been using it for a week now and love it. Check your inbox, I sent a pm with my email address if you would like to compete.

Pam
  • bridgeo74
    Options
    I don't own a Smartphone...bummer!! Add me as a friend though!!!
  • SilverWing21
    SilverWing21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I just joined the group. I got a Striiv for Christmas so I was hoping to find some friends to add to compete with throughout the day. My email is SilverWing21 at gmail.com I'm hoping this helps motivate me to move more during the day. I work at a computer for 9 hours with just a 30 min. lunch, so I don't move much at all unless I make myself get up every so often or workout before/after work.
  • twinrose28
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've had my Striiv since last October. Since the new year I reset my Striiv so I can start the year fresh. I am really enjoying the Striiv. I encouraged my sister to get one as well. I currently have the old Striiv and do not have a smart phone so I do not have the Striiv Play. I am looking foward to the encouragement I'll get from this group. You are more than welcome to add me as a friend.
  • pamelazee
    Options
    You can find me at przeljak@gmail.com
  • SilverWing21
    SilverWing21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you all have trouble reaching your steps? I'm a graphic designer (pays a lot better than my previous counter service/waitress job, but I also gained 20lbs the MONTH after I switched jobs going from moving all day to sitting all day and feeling pressured to go eat with my new coworkers every day to get to know them better. At least now I bring my lunch!), and thus chained to my desk all day, and I have a hard time topping 4,000 steps! I have no idea how I'm going to make 10,000. I need to make myself get off my bum when I get home is the main problem, I'm sure. I work long days, though, and it's really tough to make myself get moving after my commute home.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I got my Striiv for Christmas. I am enjoying it.
  • pamelazee
    Options
    I make it a point to get up from my desk once and hour and walk around the building twice. If people can take smoke breaks, I can take a walk break. I usually get half of my goal steps in before the work day is over.
    Do you all have trouble reaching your steps? I'm a graphic designer (pays a lot better than my previous counter service/waitress job, but I also gained 20lbs the MONTH after I switched jobs going from moving all day to sitting all day and feeling pressured to go eat with my new coworkers every day to get to know them better. At least now I bring my lunch!), and thus chained to my desk all day, and I have a hard time topping 4,000 steps! I have no idea how I'm going to make 10,000. I need to make myself get off my bum when I get home is the main problem, I'm sure. I work long days, though, and it's really tough to make myself get moving after my commute home.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I have been going up and down my stairs at home a lot more often. Rather than just set something down on the stairs I go all the way up to put it away. I am also trying to walk a minimum of 30 minutes a day on the treadmill or outside. My goal is 10,000 steps a day. Sometimes I make it, sometimes not.
  • fabfitme4
    fabfitme4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I bought my Striiv a few wks ago & definitely increased my steps & stairs count.

. Just found a great blog on Striiv how to use the challenges for maximum motivatiion:

http://striivaddict.blogspot.ca/2012/06/which-are-best-challenges.html

Hope this helps. All best to you all.