Introduce yourself (:

Options
Hi, I'm Ashley & i started this group (:
I wanted to try to burn 10,000 calories in the month of December because this is the lazy month for everyone. (:

Plus, i'm just trying to lose some weight and i really just thought that this would be the easiest way to do it & have some people jump on here with me.

My workout routine usually just consists of Zumba on my Xbox 360! (:

Replies

• tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tina and I agree that December is a lazy month! I think this is a great idea! I do Jillian Michael's workouts in my living room, walk on the treadmill on my lunch breaks at work and I consider cleaning an exercise.

I've been on MFP since April and since January 2012 I've lost about 20lbs. Now I'm trying to maintain my weight!
  • sheliesperfectly
    Options
    Hello, I'm Bailey. I do JROTC drill and random cardio exercises. I think I should build up on Cardio and maybe start strength workouts. I like running in place in my room... I'm a loner... I don't like going outside.. haha. I plan on burning 10k calories this month. I hope this group helps me stay motivated c:
  • mz_pecancaramel
    mz_pecancaramel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sherrie here i plan on doing a Jillian Micheals DVD as well as running my ususal 2 miles every other day.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Karl here. Saw this as a new group and it sounded fun. I usually lift weights 3x/week with a small amount of cardio after and do longer cardio workouts 2-3x/week. It will be good to hold myself to that to hit this level.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,398 Member
    Options
    12/1 1008
    12/2 1278
    12/3 1228
    12/4 1247

total 4758

exercise.png
  • Pryz311
    Pryz311 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Priya here ...I joined MFP a couple of days back ... m gonna try the 10,000 steps/ day thingy ... that should help me loose 500 cals a day!
  • tasherrs
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Natasha and I hope this will group will start to push me more in the gym! I've been sticking to cardio so 500 calories a day if not more here I come!
  • micheleestes61513
    Options
    Hi! My name is Michele. I worked out regularly for years. A couple of years ago I had to have shoulder surgery, so I laid out for a few months. I started running, because I couldn't do my weight liftling like before. Then my running buddy hurt her foot, then got pregnant and had to lay off running. I'm not motivated enough to work out by myself, so I depend on a buddy or a group fitness class to get me going. Needless to say, I went downhill from there. My husband got real sick and I had to stay home with him for several months.....yada, yada, yada. So, here I am all squishy with no muscle tone at all. Now I'm trying to get back into the swing, so I challenged my son's Kung fu Master to a two month weight loss competition. That way, my son would support me...lol. This December Challenge will help me burn those calories and tighten back up! I need encouragement everyone!:bigsmile:
  • Back2MeDiva
    Back2MeDiva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vallarie. I joined Fitness Pal at the beginning of November and so far I've lost 12lbs. I workout daily at the gym: elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike, as well as using other equipment to work upper and lower body. When I can't get to the gym, then I will use TurboFire and workout videos via Youtube to make sure I'm burning calories. I generally average about 500+ per workout.
  • lkhartmann1
    lkhartmann1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I believe I can do this!!!! I have been off and on Fitness pal for the last year and am down 24 lbs. I started training for a 5k in March and have walked for the last 11 days. Each day that alone is burning about 450 calories before I do anything else so I can do 10,000
    Lisa
  • ksu327
    Options
    Dec 4 and i just started MFP, i shall try to get my cardio groove on tonight for 500 cal. Good luck everyone.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    12/1 1008
    12/2 1278
    12/3 1228
    12/4 1247

total 4758

exercise.png

This is just to introduce yourself at, this needs to be posted in the calorie burned for 12/1-12/?
    Please post it there & introduce yourself here.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    Hi :) Priya here ...I joined MFP a couple of days back ... m gonna try the 10,000 steps/ day thingy ... that should help me loose 500 cals a day!

it's 10,000 calories in a month.
    If you burn the 500 calories a day then you will make it at 5 days a week.
    (:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,398 Member
    Options
    12/1 1005
    12/2 1239
    12/3 1228
    12/4 1247

total 4719
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Suzanne. I usually burn good calories so I'd like give this a try.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Renee and I heard about this challenge from Suzanne.

Right now, my main exercises are Boot Camp, Zumba and walking.

Good Luck Everyone! :smile:
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    Hello, my name is Renee and I heard about this challenge from Suzanne.

Right now, my main exercises are Boot Camp, Zumba and walking.

Good Luck Everyone! :smile:

Good Luck.
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Hi, I'm Doug and my short term 12/31 goal is 198 (about 6.5lbs). Please feel free to friend me.
  • hon918
    hon918 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jamie. This seems like a good challenge to finish out the year, and I'm hoping to lose 4-5lbs. before January. I work out at the gym a few times a week lifting weights/doing cardio and I do zumba once a week. I just started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I'm hoping this challenge keeps me motivated.
  • daniaisabel
    Options
    Hi my name is Dania and I am ready for this challenge. I will be spending December back in Miami and hope to get some more running and gym time in! As well as possibly trying Zumba.