HELP! I gained weight in hospital!

Options
Help! I had my sleeve done on Monday - no regrets, but it was tough. I had internal bleeding and needed 4 pints of blood. Finally got my hemoglobin up to 10.5 so I was discharged from hospital today. To my dismay, I weighed in at 11 pounds more (without shoes/closthes) than I weighed on my surgery day fully clothed, wearing sneakers. I realize that this is probablly due to the IV/blood. I'm definately swollen, but it is disheartening none-the-less. Has anyone had a similar experience/recommendation?

Thanks!

Linda

Replies

• mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I gained 10 pounds while in the hospital as well...it's NORMAL!!!!! It's from all the IV fluids they pump into you. Hang in there it will fall off pretty fast!! mine was off the next week. Sorry you had bleeding but glad you are doing well now.
  • momskg
    momskg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Give it time and I'm sure it will go away. Hang in there!
  • Mi2sc
    Mi2sc Posts: 29
    Options
    My doctor told me you could go home 20 pounds heavier, but not to stress out because it was from being pumped full of air and fluids while at the hospital. It will go away pretty quickly. Hang in there!!
  • jadelise55
    jadelise55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I almost passed out when they weighed me in; 18 lbs gained!! Went away in a couple of days. Relax!!
  • kjhendrickson90
    Options
    More of the same from me. I swear I peed away 15 pounds the first two days home. They keep you so hydrated in the hospital! Sorry to hear about the internal bleeding and troubles, scary! hope you are doing well now