What kind of vitamins and supplements do you take?

Options
I am looking for some good quality vitamins and supplements. What do you take and where do you get them?

Thanks!
Wendy

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I get my stuff at Sam's Club usually. So it's usually their "Members Mark" brand. I take a multi vitamin for women, a glucosomine/chondroitan tablet (for the arthritis), Calcium Citrate tablets (6 per day, osteoporsis runs in my family), a B12 and a Biotin (to combat hair loss). Hope that helps. :smile:
  • kjhendrickson90
    Options
    Hi Wendy!

I am on a similar routine:

- 2 chewable multi vitamins (Flinestone with Iron)
    - Calcium chews (2 a day - Costco brand) - i am intolerant to Calcium Citrate so I take normal calcium, but Calcium Citrate is recommended and absorbs much better
    - sublingual B12 (disolves under the tongue, I use B12 Dots by TwinLabs)

not a vitamin, but i am also on an antacid every day due to "silent reflux" as a result of my surgery. not bad though.

All chewable all the time! Non-chewable make me so nauseous!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My bariatric program only allows two brands, Celebrate and Bariatric Advantage. They don't sell these at their program either so they aren't making money off them. They found these two brands taken by WLS folks show the best lab results. I have had labs taken at 1 month post op, 3 months post op, 6 months post op, 9 months post op and 12 months post op and then yearly for life post op. I just went in and had labwork done today for 6 months post op.
    I take 3 multi vitamins Celebrate a day
    1 Iron+C30 mg tablet Celebrate one a day
    Celebrate Calicum Citrate chews 6 a day, 2 at each meal
    Celebrate b12 once a week.
  • jlbamagirl68
    Options
    2 Flintstones chewables + iron
    5,000 mcg of biotin
    B12 sublingual drops
    2 tums
    2 Caltrate + D chewables

It has been hard remembering to take my vitamins everyday. So I have a small basket I keep on end table that I keep them all in to help me remember. Really helped a lot.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    B12 and Biotin are for hair loss????
    I had no idea and I've only been taking every other day........Oh my gosh, I've got to start dailys!!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm over 2 years out so I don't have problems with pills. I take Costco, Multi, Omega-3, and chewable Calcuim. I have to take vitamin D and B-12 (sublingual) those I buy at Costco, but they are Nature's Made brand.

When I first had surgery I took liquid everything. I made a protein shake in the morning and dumped everything in it including greens.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My bariatric program only allows two brands, Celebrate and Bariatric Advantage.
    There are several non-bariatric multivitamins that have just as good as stats as these guys and are much cheaper though. You do have to take a double dose, but they are still cheaper even with taking 2x as much as a normie.
    B12 and Biotin are for hair loss????
    I had no idea and I've only been taking every other day........Oh my gosh, I've got to start dailys!!
    Nothing prevents the hair loss. The hair died in the day of surgery and the few weeks after when we only consume 400-600 calories. Biotin will help the new hair grow back nicer though.

I take either 2x Centrum regular or Celebrate capsules. The Celebrate capsules don't have iron so when I'm on them I take a separate iron supplement - Tender Iron with Vitamin C - from VitaLady.com

Then 1500 mg of calcium citrate (in 3 500 mg doses)

Then 1x a week I take a 50,000 IU Vitamin D capsule. You can do that with Vitamin D and it's much easier than taking a bunch every day. :lol:

I'm also on a bunch of stuff for my post-concussion syndrome. It's all supposed to prevent headaches and it sort of works but not enough. So I also take 500 mg of Magnesium and 400 mg of B2 (riboflavin). Nothing to do with surgery though.
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bariatric Advantage