There is hope!

Options
Hey ladies, I am so happy. For the second time in my life I have had my period without medication! The first being when I started puberty. After that one time I didn't have one until I was on birth control.

I initially lost 73 pounds but I gained about 15 back and I am back on track. I feel more motivated than when I first started, I want it more.

So what is my big secret? Lost weight, seriously all I did. Right now I am waiting for my insurance to kick in and I can't afford birth control at all ($30 for ONE month) and my period started on it's own. There is hope for my soon to be husband and I! We are definitely not TTC yet, but this is a definite plus. When I see my doctor next month I can't wait to tell him the awesome news.

I know that this doesn't mean I can have kids and what not but if I can stop taking 1 less medication for PCOS I would be thrilled. =)

Replies

• ssheflin
    ssheflin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's great. When I had my period last month I felt like I was gonna die. I was in severe pain for five days. It's just soo aweful.
  • dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yeah I still have the pain, it is not too bad. I am super uncomfortable though and ready to take off my work pants and get into sweat pants!
  • Ajnyvt09
    Ajnyvt09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great news! :-)
  • morgycg
    morgycg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats! If you really want birth control, try going to Planned Parenthood. They offer a big discount based on your income.