C-Section moms

Options
chickybuns
chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
I was wondering if anyone else had c-sections. I delivered 9 days ago via emergency c-section. My belly feels so weird, and all my fat has migrated south...just so weird. Just wondering if I was alone?

Replies

• kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I had one 5 months ago i still feel weird im hoping the hang belly goes away
  • wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue- my stomach hangs way down but I'm assuming that's because they pulled apart my muscles and it will take a bit for it to pull back to normal, I've also had horrible swelling in my legs and feet and unable to go to the bathroom( I know tmi) - anyone else had that problem.
  • mikayla169
    mikayla169 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My scar is 2 months old now, I've been back to work after 5 weeks. It's still a little tender and I have little sensation around the immediate scar, it gets real itchy sometimes too!
    The tummy hang is still there, I'm hoping that's gonna go with lots of dieting! Also, the swelling, I had that for about 2 weeks but it did go eventually, thank god! Didn't fancy permanent kankles!

All in all, not a pleasant experience, including struggling to use the bathroom!
  • JulaMonster
    JulaMonster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had a repeat c/s on the 23rd of November (was trying for a VBAC but that just wasn't in the cards), but it was scheduled, not emergency (first c/s was emergency, 4.5 years ago). All of the above issues/symptoms/everything you guys have all posted are totally normal, though totally sucky! LOL! I must say though, that the recovery from a scheduled c/s is WORLDS different from the recovery from an emergency c/s when you were in labor for hours beforehand. With my first c/s, getting out of bed for the first time was utterly excruciating. This time, it was like huh, that wasn't so bad! My lower belly this time looks way flabbier than last time though (even though I gained way less and weigh less in general than I did with my first pregnancy). I have a feeling Spanx will be entering my wardrobe collection... ;)
  • welfeln
    welfeln Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Me :( My csection was an emergency and not at all how I'd planned my son's birth. I was extremely upset about it for the first month or so, but my son is 4 months old now and I am so beyond in love with him I don't care how he got here! I began working out with no restrictions exactly 7 weeks after delivery. My belly looks just like it did before I got pregnant, but I still feel numb a few inches above the incision. Sometimes I get a weird stinging sensation on the left side of my scar. Kinda weird. Otherwise I feel completely normal 4 months postpartum!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am 4 weesk pp and around the incision is still tender and sore and feels weird too... I sure hope I can get back to working out soon, but looks like that won't be for a few more weeks as I am still in pain...grr!
  • Chriscadia
    Chriscadia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had a repeat c/s on the 23rd of November (was trying for a VBAC but that just wasn't in the cards), but it was scheduled, not emergency (first c/s was emergency, 4.5 years ago). All of the above issues/symptoms/everything you guys have all posted are totally normal, though totally sucky! LOL! I must say though, that the recovery from a scheduled c/s is WORLDS different from the recovery from an emergency c/s when you were in labor for hours beforehand. With my first c/s, getting out of bed for the first time was utterly excruciating. This time, it was like huh, that wasn't so bad! My lower belly this time looks way flabbier than last time though (even though I gained way less and weigh less in general than I did with my first pregnancy). I have a feeling Spanx will be entering my wardrobe collection... ;)

For me it's the same I've had a repeat c-section on November 5th. First time was a emergency and last was scheduled the recovery is so different this time. A lot quicker! What everyone is mentioning is what I went through the first time. It will get better! I remember that it took a long time to get feeling around my scar back. My stomach hangs too, it did the first time also. This can go away by doing abdominal workouts and loosing weight.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue- my stomach hangs way down but I'm assuming that's because they pulled apart my muscles and it will take a bit for it to pull back to normal, I've also had horrible swelling in my legs and feet and unable to go to the bathroom( I know tmi) - anyone else had that problem.

I'm also hoping when the muscles get back together it will be horrible. I also had horrible swelling, but it is almost gone now, had my boy on 11/25. My feet are a bit swollen, but not too bad. Hang in there! I had a little trouble at first going to the bathroom, but they gave me colace stool softner and it helped. It took 4 or 5 days after for me to have a BM, but I also hadn't eaten much in there and was on liquids for a while.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section with my last baby (he is almost 17 months old now). I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and plan to have a repeat c-section on the 20th. Yes, all my fat migrated south and my lower belly is so hangy despite losing 25 lbs between pregnancies. I only gained 1 lb during my last pregnancy due to a severe illness (hyperemesis gravidarum). I am hoping after I have this c-section I can workout lose all my fat and start to do something about the lower tummy. I find it really gross and depressing.
  • Robyn173
    Options
    I had one as well- after 18 hours of labor. I will say it helped a TON to get two things- 1) a compression wrap, which definitely helped shrink my tummy, and 2) Scar Away sheets. They're silicone sheets that you wear over your scar and they help it heal and also make the rubbing from panties/pants, etc far more comfortable. A little pricey but you wear them for a week at a time for 12 weeks and it definitely helped me. You can get both on Amazon. :)
  • stellamakes3
    stellamakes3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section with my last baby (he is almost 17 months old now). I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and plan to have a repeat c-section on the 20th. Yes, all my fat migrated south and my lower belly is so hangy despite losing 25 lbs between pregnancies. I only gained 1 lb during my last pregnancy due to a severe illness (hyperemesis gravidarum). I am hoping after I have this c-section I can workout lose all my fat and start to do something about the lower tummy. I find it really gross and depressing.

This, minus the new pregnancy :) I didn't gain much with my pregnancy due to Hyperemesis Grav., I only gainede 3 lbs. My baby is now 16 months old and my belly is still hangy-er than it was before, even though I have lost the weight.

To be fair though, I have always been above 200 lbs, so I have kind of always had a hangy stomach.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I had an emergency C-section almost 11 month ago. Here is what I noticed:

It took 9 month before I would have pain where my incision was. This pain would mostly show up around the time of my period. I still will get tinges of pain but not so much that it's worrisome.

I think I will always have the "fat shelf" above my scar.

It took about 7 months for my incision to quit itching on the inside.

I'm still numb between my belly button and my incision scar. I don't think I'll ever get the feeling back there. It's really weird when I get cold and have goose bumps all over, because my number area is completely smooth then.

So those are just some of my observations for those who may have the same thing and wonder if it's normal.
  • JulaMonster
    JulaMonster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had an emergency C-section almost 11 month ago. Here is what I noticed:

It took 9 month before I would have pain where my incision was. This pain would mostly show up around the time of my period. I still will get tinges of pain but not so much that it's worrisome.

I think I will always have the "fat shelf" above my scar.

It took about 7 months for my incision to quit itching on the inside.

I'm still numb between my belly button and my incision scar. I don't think I'll ever get the feeling back there. It's really weird when I get cold and have goose bumps all over, because my number area is completely smooth then.

So those are just some of my observations for those who may have the same thing and wonder if it's normal.

About the numbness thing, it does eventually go away, though it takes a couple of years to get totally back to normal.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I dont know how PP you are but after i got home from the hosp forget i thought i was going to die.I dont know about now cause ive always had this prob .
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Same here.

Been having some trouble with edema in my feet and legs and very saggy tummy skin. Constipation has been an issue for me also. I'm only 1 week PP though, so hopefully this will ease up.