First Group Walk/Get To Know You

Options
What are your ideas for a place and day/time for our first group walk? Give me an idea about what your schedule is normally so we can better plan future walks. Also, take this opportunity to let me and everyone else in the group know something about you. Married? Have any pets? Favorite hang-outs? Anything you feel comfortable sharing.

Replies

• cIaireBear
    Options
    I like to go to Hardberger Park off Blanco/ NW Military or McAllister park. I'm in the North Central Area.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Alicia, I'm 27 and married with 2 girls. My husband will be leaving in a few weeks to work overseas and so I want to keep myself busy with exercise and getting healthy. I will be returning to work in a few weeks (just moved back in town after living in Alaska for a year, so I'm going back to my old job..just waiting on everything to go through in HR), but for now I have a very flexible schedule. (In the future, I'll be mostly available on weekends, but if I know in advance, evenings will work too.) I plan on joining a gym by the end of the month, I was thinking about Gold's - anyone else have a gym membership? I do have an Alaskan Husky named R2-D2 and he would LOVE to join in on any pet walks!! I live on the NW side around Tezel/Grissom.
  • sweetnspicy86
    sweetnspicy86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm gonna throw a tentative date/place out there. Let me know what you think.

Tuesday, 12/4/12
    Hardberger Park (http://www.sanantonio.gov/parksandrec/directory_hardberger.aspx)
    11:00AM

I'm not really a morning person myself, but with the crazy weather and early sunset I figure it's better to go earlier in the day. Also, I've never been to this park but it looks great on the website. It says that there is a large dog park so maybe in the future we can plan a puppy play date! I have a blue heeler that would really love some exercise.

Alicia: I actually have a friend from Alaska who I hope will be joining us.

Just a little bit more about myself, I have been married for 4 years, no kids. Have a dog and cat. I moved here from Florida almost a year ago because my husband, Justin, changed jobs. I haven't gone back to work yet so my schedule is wide open. I live in the Universal City area.

BTW: I am also on facebook and have an event on there. If that would be easier for you to keep track of please add me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/savana.phelps just message me and I will be sure to add you as a friend and send you an invite to our events.
  • aliann30
    Options
    Awesome! I actually just came from Florida (yeah I've been way too many places in way too short a time!). We were wanting to settle down there in my husband's hometown, but just couldn't find good paying jobs. Headed back to San Antonio, and as SOON as we got here he got the offer to work in Greece. Crazy how things work out.

Hardberger park sounds great - I passed it just the other day. Pretty sure I can make it, I'll let you know if anything changes.
  • sweetnspicy86
    Options
    Wow, Greece! That's really awesome. :-) Kudos to him! Where in Florida is his hometown? I'm from Crestview. It's about an hour east of Pensacola. But I moved here from Panama City. We both had pretty good jobs there but nothing to write home about. The opportunities here in San Antonio are a whole lot better.
  • stxfuneral
    Options
    Hey all! I am available mostly on weekends, and evenings during the week. I work 8 to 5 Monday - Friday and have class on Tuesday evenings (but only two more weeks of class left this semester.) I would love to get together on the weekends if anyone is available. I live on the Southeast side, but I have no problem traveling. I like Brackenridge park, McAllister Park, and a few other places. I am definitely open to new areas. I do have animals, I have dogs that love to walk with me as well as my blue and gold macaw who goes with me every chance he gets.
  • crys3517
    crys3517 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Crystal. I live off Culebra near Old Grissom. I'm also mostly available on the weekends, maybe some evenings during the week. I work 7:30 - 4:30 Mon-Fri. I go to a small gym but it is closed on the weekends so getting together on the weekends would be a great motivator for me!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Wow this is great - I would love to have some buddies to exercise with. I love to walk outdoors while the weather is so nice. I also do go to the gym (golds). I am a stay at home mom to a 2yr old. She is in Mother's Day out on tues and thurs. so those days are best. Although I could take her with me. I live near ft Sam but willing to travel. I've been to hardberger, it's very nice! I'm not sure I can make it tomorrow bur ill try for the next.
  • sweetnspicy86
    Options
    I changed the time to 4pm tomorrow so hopefully more of you can make it. Also, how about a walk this Saturday down by the River Walk?
  • aliann30
    Options
    He's from Wauchula, Florida.

Crystal, I live close by you! I'm over by Timberwilde Elementary.

4 pm tomorrow sounds good - I probably won't be able to make it this weekend and probably if we do anything next weekend - just because they are my last chances to spend time with Danny (hubby). The weekend before Christmas I'll be out of town...after that I'll be SO good for weekends, like I said I'm gonna need something to keep myself busy!!!
  • stxfuneral
    Options
    I changed the time to 4pm tomorrow so hopefully more of you can make it. Also, how about a walk this Saturday down by the River Walk?

I'm game for that!
  • cIaireBear
    Options
    I'm free on the weekends and after 5 M, W, F. I have class T/Th and next semester I'll have class M/T.

Please feel free to visit my facebook page. If I get one more "like" I can make a new username. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whole-Health-with-Clarissa/180877168718903
  • stxfuneral
    Options
    BTW: I am also on facebook and have an event on there. If that would be easier for you to keep track of please add me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/savana.phelps just message me and I will be sure to add you as a friend and send you an invite to our events.
    [/quote]

I just added you to my fb, I forgot to leave a reply! OOPS!
  • cIaireBear
    Options
    We might want to do a facebook group too. I use MFP on my phone app 99% of the time and you can't see the message boards on it. Just a thought.
  • judymata
    judymata Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live on the North side. Mcallister Park is close to me and so is Walker Ranch Park! I need some walking friends that can go in the evenings when I get out of work.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Alicia, I'm 27 and married with 2 girls. My husband will be leaving in a few weeks to work overseas and so I want to keep myself busy with exercise and getting healthy. I will be returning to work in a few weeks (just moved back in town after living in Alaska for a year, so I'm going back to my old job..just waiting on everything to go through in HR), but for now I have a very flexible schedule. (In the future, I'll be mostly available on weekends, but if I know in advance, evenings will work too.) I plan on joining a gym by the end of the month, I was thinking about Gold's - anyone else have a gym membership? I do have an Alaskan Husky named R2-D2 and he would LOVE to join in on any pet walks!! I live on the NW side around Tezel/Grissom.

Hi Alicia!
    I have a gym membership to Planet Fitness, and I love it! I have never personally experienced Gold's, so I don't know what they are like, but I do know that PF is 24 hours monday-friday, and 7am-7pm saturday and sunday, which with my weird work schedule that I have, the hours for this gym were one of the main selling points. Well, thats and it's only 20$ a month! :D
  • sunshinesonata
    Options
    We might want to do a facebook group too. I use MFP on my phone app 99% of the time and you can't see the message boards on it. Just a thought.

I agree with this. The only time I use MFP on the computer, is when I'm at work.
  • sunshinesonata
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kellie-Anne, and I'm 25 years old. I have been married for less than a year (newlyweds!), with no children. We do have two dogs, though. A Chihuahua named Zero, and a english bull terrier named Frank.

I live over near Sea World/Potranco area, but am willing to travel. As of right now, I have a weird work schedule and I'm working 545p-545a panamas. My schedule changes each week. (One week I will work Monday Tuesday, Friday Saturday Sunday, and the next week I will work Wednesday Thursday.) It just keeps alternating like that.

I have a facebook, that I would be more than happy to have people add me on. Just make sure that you send me a message so I know you're from here!

facebook.com/k.wolford221
  • sunshinesonata
    Options
    Ok, I'm gonna throw a tentative date/place out there. Let me know what you think.

Tuesday, 12/4/12
    Hardberger Park (http://www.sanantonio.gov/parksandrec/directory_hardberger.aspx)
    11:00AM

I'm not really a morning person myself, but with the crazy weather and early sunset I figure it's better to go earlier in the day. Also, I've never been to this park but it looks great on the website. It says that there is a large dog park so maybe in the future we can plan a puppy play date! I have a blue heeler that would really love some exercise.

Alicia: I actually have a friend from Alaska who I hope will be joining us.

Just a little bit more about myself, I have been married for 4 years, no kids. Have a dog and cat. I moved here from Florida almost a year ago because my husband, Justin, changed jobs. I haven't gone back to work yet so my schedule is wide open. I live in the Universal City area.

I added you, I tried to send you a message, but it wouldn't let me?
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    BTW: I am also on facebook and have an event on there. If that would be easier for you to keep track of please add me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/savana.phelps just message me and I will be sure to add you as a friend and send you an invite to our events

I sent a freind request on FB but forgot the message. :) Sorry I didn't make the walk on the th 4th; it's been a rought week. Have you planned another walk?