Introducing myself

Options
Hello, ladies.
I am new to the PPP group and thought that I would share a little bit about myself. I am currently 38 weeks pregnant but, I have been in "early labor" for about a week now so, I am planning on going any day now. (next appointment is tomorrow morning)

My name is Paige. I am engaged to a wonderful, supportive man named Mark and we are having a baby girl who's name is Journey Faith Anderson. We are extremely blessed and grateful for our precious daughter. I was overweight before I got pregnant and now, I am considered obese. I am nearly 260 pounds now that I am in the last part of my pregnancy and I really hope, wish and pray that I am able to get the pregnancy pounds off and hopefully even more than that. I want to lose 100 pounds and I am giving myself a goal of 100 pounds by December of 2013. I have a lot of determination and willpower but, I need that extra push from mom's who know what I am going through and that can talk to me about any questions or concerns that I have.
I am hoping that acceptance comes easy in this group. Thanks for reading and I hope to begin on this group soon! :)

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby!

Lots of awesome and supportive moms on this board! Just remember that baby snuggles are going to be your number one priority! You'll lose a nice chunk of weight the few weeks after delivery - all the fluid and baby related stuff.

Not having a whole lot of time to exercise meant that I had to keep a pretty clean diet, but I'm finding that the weight is coming off fast. My body still needs some serious work, though! I will totally support you!

I hope you have a smooth labor and delivery! You are so close to meeting you little one!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you have a great labor/delivery. Like Pepper said try not to worry about the weight too much at first, much of it will come off. Just worry about enjoying the time with your little one!
  • Robyn173
    Options
    Congratulations! Do not, I repeat, do NOT weigh yourself until at least 4 weeks after the baby. You'll have a few weeks of pretty gross night sweats where you'll lose a ton of the extra water you're carrying. It took 6 weeks for me to really know what I gained. Wishing you a safe and easy delivery- I promise it is all worth it once you see that little one!!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope all goes well with your labor and delivery... Don't worry too much about the weight gain because a lot of it will fall off within a couple weeks of giving birth. Plus it is all worth it once you are holding your LO in your arms. Good Luck! :)
  • MrsAnderson_GettingHealthy
    Options
    Thank you, ladies.

I am not planning on doing hard workouts right away. I am going to start eating healthy, counting calories and working towards a good milk supply but, I am than going to start walking once I feel up to it.
    After the 6 weeks, I am hoping that I can get moving even more and get on a good exercise routine.
  • sabgoe
    sabgoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! :) I have two boys. My older one is 2.5 years old, my younger one is 9.5 months old. I have lost 74 pounds since giving birth to my younger one, all by eating very healthy, walking and running. I exclusively breastfeed. Although I am very close to healthy BMI at this point, I still eat between 1700-2300 calories a day. Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck with labor and delivery!! I bet you cannot wait to hold your little girl!
  • Maplemomof4
    Maplemomof4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm a mom to four girls, the youngest is five months old. I am exclusively breast feeding still with an occasional taste of cereal or food from our table for texture exposure for her. After she was born I was ten pounds lower than my start weight with her but I proceeded to gain that right back over the next five months. Last week I went to put on an item of clothing that fit with room to wiggle and it wouldn't close over my stomach!! Uh OH!

So, here I am. I had joined on a whim in October but did nothing about it until this week. I ordered a Body Media unit, great sale right now! and am excited to be on my way again to a healthy me!

I have just under 50lbs to lose. Just in the last four or five days of using MFP I have already dropped 5lbs. I know it won't all come off that quickly but it sure is encouraging to watch it go! I am still figuring out how many calories I really do need to eat in a day and my biggest problem is actually eating enough of the right kinds of foods. It always has been. I'm also dealing with IBS which makes eating healthy tricky since my body doesn't love raw fruit and vegetables. My mouth does though! Also needing to mostly avoid dairy. (I did have sour cream today!) Dairy makes baby's tummy hurt.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • MrsAnderson_GettingHealthy
    Options
    Awesome! :)
    Add me if you want to.