Introduce yourself

Options
Hey ladies, I know we may know each other from BBC but lets get personal on the weightloss level. My goal is to have all of us help eachother out with our goals, with that I want to set weekly challenges, like drinking more water, taking the stairs instead of the elevators, giving into mommy time ect... not just weight loss stuff but personal stuff that is going to help us feel good about ourselves and push us even harder to our goals. SO with that tell us about yourself, I know some of this doesnt deal with weight loss like the state you live in but it will help me with the goals, I dont want ya'll out running in the snow while Im here running in 78 degree weather :D

Your name:
Your weight loss goal:
What are your food weakness:
Are you exercising and if so what type/kind:
Are you on a specific diet:
One thing you dislike about your body now:
TWO things you love about your body now:
Relationship status:
What state do you live in:
How many children do you have:
Are you a working mom or a SAHM:
C section or vaginal birth:
FF/BF/ or both:
How many more children do you want:
Your biggest fear (not related to your children):

anything else you would like to share :D

Replies

• rdow2006
    Options
    Your name Rashonta
    Your weight loss goal to lose about 50 lbs and most importantly to be more healthy
    What are your food weakness sweets, chocolate, cookies, cake....sweets!!!
    Are you exercising and if so what type/kind I am walking, doing biggest loser cardio max weight loss DVD and I am getting beachbody insanity
    Are you on a specific diet? no, I am EBF so I cant really "diet" however Im watching my calories, sugars ect... and selecting healthier choices
    One thing you dislike about your body now my stomach... goodness after three c sections its a mess
    TWO things you love about your body now my eyes and my legs
    Relationship status married to my high school sweetheart
    What state do you live in Central Texas
    How many children do you have 3 lovely boys ages 7, 23 months and 8 weeks
    Are you a working mom or a SAHM working Mom a police officer
    C section or vaginal birth 3rd c section
    FF/BF/ or both EBF
    How many more children do you want no more children this LO was our last
    Your biggest fear (not related to your children) continuing to gain weight and become to the point that I cant do things with my children, I mean three boys Im sure I'll be busy with sports!
  • rsboyd04
    rsboyd04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your name: Shannon
    Your weight loss goal: about 45 pounds
    What are your food weakness: sweets! ice cream and cookies
    Are you exercising and if so what type/kind: i walk with LO, treadmill, and 30 day shred
    Are you on a specific diet: i am EBF, so i am trying to make healthier choices and not eat out
    One thing you dislike about your body now: My belly! I manged to get through the entire pregnancy without stretch marks so when i looked in the mirror and saw dark red ones and a c section pouch i about lost it!
    TWO things you love about your body now: is it sad that i can only think of one? my lips.
    Relationship status: i live with the babies father. we have lived together for 5 years.
    What state do you live in: Chattanooga, TN
    How many children do you have: Just my October baby
    Are you a working mom or a SAHM: SAHM, I am considering part-time work
    C section or vaginal birth: C Section, my baby was breeched
    FF/BF/ or both: BF
    How many more children do you want: I would like to try to have a sister for my baby boy.
    Your biggest fear (not related to your children): that i will never own a house
  • rdow2006
    Options
    Shannon I went to UT Knoxville! I LOVE TN and keep telling hubby that we need to move back to a state that has all four seasons!!

And MAMA your eyes are beautiful!
  • angelamrayle
    Options
    Your name: Angela
    Your weight loss goal: 60 lbs to start (i'd really like to land around 170-175 permanently)
    What are your food weakness: CARBS!! and snack foods I keep for my toddler (graham crackers, fruit snacks, vanilla wafers)
    Are you exercising and if so what type/kind: Cycling at the YMCA 3-4 times a week - 250-300 calories is my goal each day
    Are you on a specific diet: Plenty of protein, and more fruits/vegetables, no grains but whole grains
    One thing you dislike about your body now: size 16 pants :(
    TWO things you love about your body now: glossy, auburn hair, and fantastic boobs
    Relationship status: Married
    What state do you live in: Indiana
    How many children do you have: 2 (14 mos and 2 mos)
    Are you a working mom or a SAHM: SAHM, and DH is a WAHD
    C section or vaginal birth: C-section
    FF/BF/ or both: EBF
    How many more children do you want: 2, at least. maybe up to 6 total...
    Your biggest fear (not related to your children): sacrificing a strong relationship with DH because my mommy instincts take all my time and energy
  • rdow2006
    Options
    Ya'll are awesome!!!

Angela, I have that fear as well. DH and I were just talking last night because he said he feels like all of my time goes into the kiddos, which at this time it does, I have a baby latched to me and feels like its all I do!
  • lstok873
    lstok873 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Your name: Laura (trustnoone23 on babycenter)
    Your weight loss goal: 24lbs to PP, 44 to ideal
    What are your food weakness: chocolate, pizza
    Are you exercising and if so what type/kind: jillian Michaels fat boost metabolism
    Are you on a specific diet: i ebf, but am watching white carbs and doubling proteins
    One thing you dislike about your body now: csection pouch (my 2nd csection)
    TWO things you love about your body now: face & neck, used to dance and they still look strong and lean
    Relationship status: married
    What state do you live in: PA
    How many children do you have: 2...2.5 yrold dd, 2 mnth old
    Are you a working mom or a SAHM: sahm, hope to find job few months
    C section or vaginal birth: csection
    How many more children do you want: 0, I'm happy with my two
    Your biggest fear (not related to your children): getting bigger and bigger and not being attractive to my husband.
  • rdow2006
    Options
    Welcome Laura!! I grew up in Hershey PA, where in PA do you live?
  • dirtmgurt
    Options
    Your name: Sara
    Your weight loss goal: 10 pounds but a lot of inches
    What are your food weakness: sweets and fast food
    Are you exercising and if so what type/kind: turbo jam/fire 3-4x per week
    Are you on a specific diet: forget to eat then binge
    One thing you dislike about your body now: my flabby thighs and cellulite
    TWO things you love about your body now: face, tattoos
    Relationship status: married
    What state do you live in: Michigan
    How many children do you have: 7 yr old dd, 7 week old dd
    Are you a working mom or a SAHM: will be going back to work jan 3rd
    C section or vaginal birth: section#2
    FF/BF/ or both: bf
    How many more children do you want: I have no clue, I need more money first
    Your biggest fear (not related to your children): I will be stuck doing a job I hate for the rest of my life

I'm 27, I work in a hospital as a nursing assistant, I don't really have a ton of hobbies currently, too busy. I used to enjoy geo-caching, brewing beer, reading and gardening. And other **** too, but well stop there. I live with my family at my mil's house. Hubby is almost done with school. It's challenging to not be in charge of your household, be glad when we are finally ready to move. We will a quiet life. I prefer a dvred show over a night out with friends. I am not very materialistic. I'd rather my kids be happy than have a nice new dress.
  • rdow2006
    Options
    Welcome Sara!
  • lstok873
    lstok873 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Closer to Pittsburgh, but love Hershey! We vacationed with our toddler there this summer!
  • kikimama125
    Options
    Your name: Becky

Your weight loss goal: I'm not going to push myself really hard, but I bet I beat these goals, I did last time
    -First Goal (9 mo. PP) = 160 (pre-pregnancy weight)
    -Second Goal (1 1/2 year PP) = 150
    -Ultimate Goal = 140's and muscular (no time line, this is a life long goal)

What are your food weakness: Usually salty stuff, but lately it's been sweets...

Are you exercising and if so what type/kind: Yes! 3-4x a week, cardio and weight lifting. Elliptical and then lifting heavy (none of that million reps crap), then ab workouts on the mat. I go for a hour (all I can get right now) and hit it hard so I can get a good sweat in, life always looks better after a good workout!

Are you on a specific diet: Nope. I do try to eat a lot of protein and less fat but in the end I'm looking more at calories (and right now eating enough) as my weight gets down and I get back in shape I will need to watch my macro's more.

One thing you dislike about your body now: Saggy belly, and saddle bags....I carry all my weight in my hips

TWO things you love about your body now: Breastfeeding boobs! and my calfs are coming along nicely, as are my arms/shoulders

What state do you live in: Colorado

How many children do you have: 2 (Dec. 2010 and Oct. 2012)

Are you a working mom or a SAHM: SAHM

C section or vaginal birth: C-section (both kids)

FF/BF/ or both: Breastfeeding. EBF and pumping 25 oz. a day...

How many more children do you want: NONE! I got my tubes tied!

Your biggest fear (not related to your children): Losing my husband...but as for a physical thing: snakes!
  • rdow2006
    Options
    Welcome Becky! AND EEWW snakes is mine too! My grandfather had a 24 foot one and he had made a tank for it in his spare bathroom it was where the bathtub was it was huge much like the snake the dang thing was right across from the toilet I remember as a kid hating to pee at his house!! Needless to say Grandpa passed away this past year and no one wanted the snake because it was so big we contacted the zoo and they would only take him if he was 25 feet.... I wanted to stretch that dang thing!! Thankfully we found someone who loved snakes had 2 and we knew he would take good care of it ! YUCK!!
  • linhy1981
    linhy1981 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm super excited that there is a group of ladies that can help motivate me to lose weight. It's so hard to find time to go to the gym let alone no social life whatsoever=( I'm thankful you guys are here!

Your name: Linh
    Your weight loss goal: First Goal is to reach : 150 in the next 4-6 months. Ultimate goal is to hit: 130
    What are your food weakness: I love pasta, pasta, carbs, cakes, I love food in general.
    Are you exercising and if so what type/kind: Just walking
    Are you on a specific diet: Trying to eat more protein and veggies
    One thing you dislike about your body now: My stomach. Ugh it jiggles
    TWO things you love about your body now: My legs are pretty toned and my hair hasn't fallen out...for now.
    What state do you live in:California
    How many children do you have: 1
    Are you a working mom or a SAHM: Unfortunately working mom :(
    C section or vaginal birth: Vaginal birth
    FF/BF/ or both: Breast feeding
    How many more children do you want: 1 more and if money allows it 2.
    Your biggest fear (not related to your children): SPIDERS. especially the thick bodied ones. EWWWW.
  • rdow2006
    Options
    Welcome Linh! My goal in starting this group was just that, as a new mom heck as a Mom to three I dont have a social life...except for work and giving out tickets to speeders isnt a social life! I want to have this an open board to discuss everything, on days we go over our calories on days we bust our butts and work out like crazy (even if that means only 10 mins of walking!) and someone to just vent to. I want this to be a board where we help each other meet our goals and have fun doing it too.
  • Kaynate
    Options
    Your name: kayla
    Weightloss goal: 20lbs plus inches
    Food weakness: sweets!
    Exercises: zumba. Yoga. Attempting jogging going to start 30day shred and my bil workoit he made for me
    Diet: whole real foods (sometimes I cheat and grab a burger but it depends)
    1. Thing I dislike: everything right now
    2things I like: ill have to think about it and come back ive always had self image issues but that is being worker on
    Relationship: with baby daddy not marries tho
    State: Colorado
    Children: 2
    sahm
    Birth: vaginal
    Bf/ff: pumping andabout 2-4oz a day ff
    more kids: maybe 1
    Fear: drowning dying alone

Becky what part of Colorado are you? I'm in grand junction (I totally understand if you enter wana share tho)
  • rdow2006
    Options
    Welcome Kayla!!
  • kikimama125
    Options
    We live in the very south eastern corner of the state...the boonies.... I like the wide open space, and the small town feel, but I miss the mountians and I hate the drive up to Denver. So hopefully we will move soon!
  • losinjen
    Options
    Your name: Jenifer

Your weight loss goal: Really just taking it one day at a time. About 75lbs total honestly.

What are your food weakness: All food! I love it all. My problem is portion size.

Are you exercising and if so what type/kind: No exercising yet.

Are you on a specific diet: Nope

One thing you dislike about your body now: Belly

TWO things you love about your body now: The fact that my body grew this miracle baby & my breasts for providing him food.

What state do you live in: Florida

How many children do you have: Just the one

Are you a working mom or a SAHM: Working

C section or vaginal birth: Vaginal

FF/BF/ or both: Breastfeeding

How many more children do you want: At least one more.

Your biggest fear (not related to your children): Looking back on my life and realizing that I didn't live it to it's fullest and find happiness in every day.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Your name: Leigh
    Your weight loss goal: Healthy eating and to drop the last 15lbs
    What are your food weakness: Snacking, salty and sweet (and drinking)
    Are you exercising and if so what type/kind: Nothing much yet other than a little walking, I need to start running again though
    Are you on a specific diet: Vegan-light - I eat fish but no eggs, no dairy, no land animals, so basically anything you'd get from a farm that's animal product
    One thing you dislike about your body now: Muffin top and my upper arms
    TWO things you love about your body now: My boobs
    What state do you live in: Virginia
    How many children do you have: 1
    Are you a working mom or a SAHM: Working
    C section or vaginal birth: C section
    How many more children do you want: 2
    Your biggest fear (not related to your children): Um...spiders or burning? Maybe burning WHILE covered in spiders?