DECEMBER: exercise goals

Options
Hi there!

Okay so basically I saw a challenge like this for runners and decided to make one for minutes exercised.

December is the first month I am doing this and the database I update is below. I will update this every time a new person wants to get involved so if you do, you should see your name in the database by the end of the day.

Also, I will be doing a Hall of Fame at the end of every month for those people who achieved their goals!

HOW IT WORKS:
1. You tell me you want to be involved in the challenge for the month.
2. You tell me your goal for the end of the month.
3. I'll add you to the database and that's it, you've applied.
4. Work your butt off to get closer to your goal.

RULES:
1. Tell me every Sunday (or any day you like, but definitely at the weekend) how many hours you have exercised that week.
2. WORK YOUR *kitten* OFF AND DON'T GIVE UP!

p.s. it would be better if you added me as a friend so I can get in contact with you if you have forgotten to give me your goals :)

2j1uc79.png

USE THIS POST TO KEEP TRACK:

December Exercise Challenge. Goal for month:____minutes
Goal for week:____minutes
Week #1 (December 3rd)
Mon:
Tue:
Wed:
Thurs:
Fri:
Sat:
Sun:
DID YOU REACH YOUR GOAL?

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    so what's realistic goals here? :)
  • jennybenson
    Options
    I'm going to try for 25 hours a month but it's really up to you :) you could do it in minutes if you prefer! Want me to add you in? It's a good way to motivate to get up and do exercise (especially in these cold months!!)
  • FSL010
    FSL010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    45min Mon, Wed, Fri... im on a strength training program right now.
    So that would be: 135min/week = 2.3 hours/week
  • FSL010
    Options
    Damn that's nothing... lol

BTW this >>>> Capture.png:bigsmile:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Typically I aim to be in the gym 8 hours a week, so ill aim for that:
  • jennybenson
    Options
    haha just cringed!! what's your goal for the whole month? i presume 135 x 4? just updating the database just now :)
  • jennybenson
    Options
    sounds good! hope you're okay!
  • marycmeadows
    Options
    Yes, I'm in -- Let's go with 35 hours for the month - hopefully I'll surpass that...

wait. do you want to know what we've already done for the month since we're not too far in? :)
  • bzrpz727
    bzrpz727 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm setting my goal for this month at 20 hours. I would have set it between 30-34 hours based on the number of hours I'm putting in each week right now, but I need to take into account that I will be moving at the end of the month and not sure how much time I'll have to work out that last week while I'm moving and settling into a new location.

December Exercise Challenge. Goal for month: 20 hours
    Goal for week: 7 hours
    Week #1 (December 3rd)
    Mon: 0 hours
    Tue: 2.25 hours
    Wed: 0 hours
    Thurs: 2.75 hours
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
    DID YOU REACH YOUR GOAL?
  • jennybenson
    Options
    @diodelcibo sounds good. let me know your progress!

@marycmeadows yep sounds good. updating the database so far so i'll enter the details at the minute! and then on sundays let me know for the whole week :)
  • FSL010
    Options
    haha just cringed!! what's your goal for the whole month? i presume 135 x 4? just updating the database just now :)

yes i think so. Unless i add some cardio to it also which i don't want right now...
  • thaze90
    thaze90 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I shall join in. I'm aiming for 30 hours a month.
  • jennybenson
    Options
    JUST UPDATED THE DATABASE SO YOU CAN ALL SEE YOUR RESULTS SO FAR. will update tomorrow again so let me know!:)
  • thaze90
    thaze90 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So far this month i've put in 3 hours total, forgot to mention that in first post.
  • marycmeadows
    Options
    350min total thus far. :)
  • LindaH817
    Options
    I'm in. I will start at 16 hours for the month, as I am just getting back into exercising again (recovering from knee issues, so I don't want to over do it). Hopefully I will surprise myself though, by the end of the month... So far I have 2 hours in...
  • cheryllc
    Options
    Count me in! :) I'd like to shoot for 20 hours in a month.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    My goal is 900 minutes, or 15 hrs of work-outs. 3 full weeks left this month, and a couple days, gives me 23 days to fill this goal, an average of 39 minutes a day.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Okay so basically I saw a challenge like this for runners and decided to make one for minutes exercised.

December is the first month I am doing this and the database I update is below. I will update this every time a new person wants to get involved so if you do, you should see your name in the database by the end of the day.

Also, I will be doing a Hall of Fame at the end of every month for those people who achieved their goals!

HOW IT WORKS:
    1. You tell me you want to be involved in the challenge for the month.
    2. You tell me your goal for the end of the month.
    3. I'll add you to the database and that's it, you've applied.
    4. Work your butt off to get closer to your goal.

RULES:
    1. Tell me every Sunday (or any day you like, but definitely at the weekend) how many hours you have exercised that week.
    2. WORK YOUR *kitten* OFF AND DON'T GIVE UP!

p.s. it would be better if you added me as a friend so I can get in contact with you if you have forgotten to give me your goals :)

iz6u1h.png

USE THIS POST TO KEEP TRACK:

December Exercise Challenge. Goal for month:____minutes
    Goal for week:____minutes
    Week #1 (December 3rd)
    Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun: