Potluck Ideas

Options
JanLeb
JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
Does anyone have any good gluten free potluck recipes ideas?

I have my first Christmas potluck of the season to go to next week and I am struggling with finding something to make to take.
I want to find a recipe for something gluten free so that I can enjoy it as well, and the host of is celiac, so I want to make sure he has some options as well.

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I usually go for something hearty, like a chili, casserole, etc. so that it can serve as my main dish, and as a side dish for others.
  • lovesdarkchocolate
    Options
    Make a GF lasagna. I selected a popular lasagna recipe online and just ensured all ingredients were GF and used DeBoles Rice Lasagna Noodles (they go in uncooked). I have made this dish many times and everyone (including my 19 year old gluten eating college student LOVES it and asks me to make it when he is home from school.

One thing to watch with pot lucks - placement of the GF dish and dedicated serving utensil....I have witnessed the unfortunate episode where people are not clear on the concept of avoiding cross contamination. I try to park GF casseroles near the jello and fresh fruit...and have been known to apply a warning label for the serving utensil and the dish to politely educate...

Good luck.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hummus is good, with veggies to dip. :)
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My new favorite that has been a big hit recently only requires three ingredients:

Pickled asparagus (I found this at my grocery store near the canned asparagus-it's a little pricey but so worth it)
    Cream Cheese
    Boiled Ham (lunch meat slices)

Spread the cream cheese on a slice of ham then roll up an asparagus spear inside. Repeat until you have used all the spears.

Voila'! Fini!
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My new favorite that has been a big hit recently only requires three ingredients:

Pickled asparagus (I found this at my grocery store near the canned asparagus-it's a little pricey but so worth it)
    Cream Cheese

Spread the cream cheese on a slice of ham then roll up an asparagus spear inside. Repeat until you have used all the spears.

Voila'! Fini!

That sounds AMAZING!
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Cream Cheese

Voila'! Fini!

This sounds awesome! I think I will try this thanks :)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I like to make chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole. It serves as a complete meal for me and others can just get a scoop on the side. Easy and can be made fast with the microwave Success rice. Mix brown rice, about a cup of cooked, shredded chicken, gluten free cream of mushroom soup (I think the brand is Imagine?), and cooked broccoli. Top with cheddar cheese and bake til the cheese is browned and melted.

I usually also make fudge because it's fast and easy and that way I can grab a little square for dessert when everyone else is eating. My no fail recipe is to simmer a can of sweetened condensed milk, stir in a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips until melted. Then I stir in some nuts and an optional shot of rum! I make different varieties depending on the occasion. For instance Tropical: mix banana or coconut rum, a small handful of macadamia nuts, and a bit of shredded coconut.
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like to make chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole. It serves as a complete meal for me and others can just get a scoop on the side. Easy and can be made fast with the microwave Success rice. Mix brown rice, about a cup of cooked, shredded chicken, gluten free cream of mushroom soup (I think the brand is Imagine?), and cooked broccoli. Top with cheddar cheese and bake til the cheese is browned and melted.

I usually also make fudge because it's fast and easy and that way I can grab a little square for dessert when everyone else is eating. My no fail recipe is to simmer a can of sweetened condensed milk, stir in a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips until melted. Then I stir in some nuts and an optional shot of rum! I make different varieties depending on the occasion. For instance Tropical: mix banana or coconut rum, a small handful of macadamia nuts, and a bit of shredded coconut.

I make the same casserole only with cream of chicken or celery as I just don't like anything mushroom. :tongue:
    Your no fail recipe for fudge will definitely get a try out in my house this weekend! I love the topical idea too!! Thanks for sharing.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    when i doubt i bring crockpot spicy turkey meat balls.

meatballs : make how ever you look

spicy meatball sauce: ketchup, reduced sugar blueberry preserves, crushed fresh berries, spicy peppers, fresh thyme, rosemary, cilantro. i dont measure, i just make enough to cover the meatballs, not drown. let simmer in a crockpot on low for like an hour. serve warm
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
    Thanks for sharing!