What makes you not want to be single.

Options
You know what I think it is about being single that makes me not want to be single? Days like today, I would love for someone to text me and just say "hey beautiful" or "I love you" or "you are so special" ... and actually mean it. Someone to make me feel warm and fuzzy.

At least for me that is what makes me forge on trying to find someone. There is a lot of cr@p that comes with being in a relationship .. but sometimes it would be nice to have someone love me that doesn't have to. (ie my family)

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Same for me, Jen! Just the thought that someone is thinking of you means a lot!! :)
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    You know what I think it is about being single that makes me not want to be single? Days like today, I would love for someone to text me and just say "hey beautiful" or "I love you" or "you are so special" ... and actually mean it. Someone to make me feel warm and fuzzy.

At least for me that is what makes me forge on trying to find someone. There is a lot of cr@p that comes with being in a relationship .. but sometimes it would be nice to have someone love me that doesn't have to. (ie my family)

I like companionship. I like to have someone to care for and care for me. I like the feeling of being loved (romantically) and being thought of with random message or by showing appreciation. I like having someone to bring with me on special events.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    So strange. Maybe the reason I don't feel like that is because I get that from my friends and family already? I might just have odd relationships. I have a fairly small circle of very close friends. Each one I can get "mushy" with if I feel like it. Each one fulfills a role in my life. I don't really need a boyfriend because I never feel like anything is missing in my life. Even when I got sick I had a moment of "gosh I wish I had a boyfriend to take care of me" so I texted my roommate, asked him to bring home dayquil with him, then he made me soup and we watched TV together with me all bundled up in blankets and PJ's.

So I think... sex. The lack of sex makes me not want to be single. And that's pretty much it hahahaha
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options

I like companionship. I like to have someone to care for and care for me. I like the feeling of being loved (romantically) and being thought of with random message or by showing appreciation. I like having someone to bring with me on special events.

YES!!!! I just got a phone call from the cowboy because he was thinking of me and wanted to say hi. It's the little things like that that make me not want to be single anymore. It's so simple, but has such an huge impact. We didn't even stay on the phone for long. Just a short, sweet call to say hi. :blushing:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky in that I have 4 different guy friends that will find a random time to text a "Hey Beautiful" or "Hey Gorgeous" to me. 2 of them send message about once or twice a month, the other 2 are less frequent. We'll catch up and then go back to our regular lives. lol But, they always have wonderful timing. And, they give me a great perspective on some issues (or advice on how to fix something in the house, lol).

What I miss is having someone to fall asleep next to, someone to snuggle on the couch with and just someone to cook for. Someone who pushes me to do better each day, someone to come home to. I miss family moments...holidays, birthdays, baseball games, school events...
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    It's the intimacy thing for me - having a partner to love and support, and to be loved and supported by. Someone to snuggle with, share a joke at the end of the day, tease me when I well up at an emotional moment in a silly film, go ice-skating with and hold each other up, to send me a text or make me dinner when I've had a rough day, someone to really know, fully. Someone to care - really care - that I'm around, and for me to care about in return. And (TMI) because I damn well want to have sex sometime, having spent the majority of the last 20 years wondering about it, and for me, that requires a relationship - casual/uninvolved sex just isn't something that appeals!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Sex, sex and more sex!!

Fun flings are cool but I like having sex with the same person frequently. Physical connection along with an emotional connection are a delicious combo when it comes to sex for me.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    It's the intimacy thing for me - having a partner to love and support, and to be loved and supported by. Someone to snuggle with, share a joke at the end of the day, tease me when I well up at an emotional moment in a silly film, go ice-skating with and hold each other up, to send me a text or make me dinner when I've had a rough day, someone to really know, fully. Someone to care - really care - that I'm around, and for me to care about in return. And (TMI) because I damn well want to have sex sometime, having spent the majority of the last 20 years wondering about it, and for me, that requires a relationship - casual/uninvolved sex just isn't something that appeals!

Aww...totally agree.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Dutch Ovening yourself is no fun? :bigsmile:

I know...I know... leave it to me to be the gross one in the group. :sick:

Seriously though, I want to know that someone else wants to share their time with me just as much as I do.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I want that person that I think of first when something good or bad happens. That I want to share special and not so special moments with. Someone to take care of me when I am sick and someone for me to take care of. Yes I have friends that I can share these times with but really not the same.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    HMmm this is a hard one for me I have friends ,companionship and once I pick the guy sex so its not any of those. I think if I could find someone who honestly understood all the facets of me and who could keep up with me I wouldn't want to be single. Until I find that kind of person though I'm perfectly happy being single again.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I don`t want to have lived the life I have only to die alone.
    It would be nice one day to be holding hands with a special lady and watching the sunset over a country lake or walking through fields.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I want company, I want sex.
    And I want babies.
    Lol simple really.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I need someone to do my laundry and wash my dishes
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Poncha won't?
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

Poncha won't?

I bet she will, she bakes me stuff that taste good
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

Poncha won't?

She's a keeper! :drinker:
  • afv417
    Options

Poncha won't?

love it!
  • afv417
    Options

Poncha won't?

Love it even more! Def sounds like a keeper!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: I have to say this thread is totally making me examine my current “relationship”. Most of the wants are just not there.