Beating Daylight Darkness Blues

Options
AnnaJo62
AnnaJo62 Posts: 14 Member
Just wondering how everyone is handling getting energy after work to get any exercise in?

This darkness is killing me...by the time I get home, tired just from the drive (which is only 1/2 hr), just wana have dinner & sit on the puter, maybe watch some TV.

The nights go so fast, I think I need motivation to get right back into a daily routine.

Mornings will not work since I love my sleep...any suggestions? :blushing:

Replies

• SharonReitsma
    SharonReitsma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't! I "work from home" two days a week, so I'm at the gym then or weekends. I agree. at night when it's dark out? it's jammie and puter time!
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think it's more or less about starting small and finding some motivation be it having a family game night or just stretching here and there. The key is to build on smaller goes and then keep the momentum going into more and more activities. As far as winter goes something as small as a ping pong table, exercise bike, wii, xbox kinect, etc. can at least keep you more active during winter when we get that horrendous cold that we get here in WI.
  • jebreject
    jebreject Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's not so bad as long as I force myself to go to the gym *right* after work, because if I don't, there's no more leaving the house. Luckily, the gym is right across the street from work, so that makes it pretty easy.

I can definitely relate to having no energy in the winter time though. My enthusiasm for things I normally love doing is totally sapped, and it's so much harder to get going in the morning.
  • anonsi
    Options
    The Dog keeps my going, If I have to get up to walk him anyway, I might as well make it a run. It's been working lately regardless of it is a 5pm darkness setting in or an 9 pm pitch black run around the neighborhood.