Winter Blahs

Karabobarra
Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
Hi, I am new to the group and was actually going to post a thread asking for motivational friends, then I seen this group and thought I would give this a try instead.

I am really struggling with motivation, I usually get the winter blahs and have increased my vitamin D and started taking omega 3's and 6's on a more regulare basis (this is supposed to help). I am usually the one to motivate people but lately it's been a real struggle to get to the gym, get a workout in at home, or just get out of bed on the weekends...lol

Don't get me wrong, I am busy and my time is limited but I feel as though the excuses are winning and I'm doing nothing but whining. I need a drill sgt to whip my *kitten* in shape before I lose the hardwork I've already put in

Replies

• freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Hi Karabobarra! I'm new here too. Just joined yesterday. I know it hard to keep motivated. I keep thinking about how I will feel when I no longer have acid reflux at night because I am over weight. That is a real motivator for me. That and thinking how great I will feel and look in my size 8 jeans in my closet. :wink:

Great job on losing 98 lbs! That is awesome! I want to loose around 70 lbs. My goal is to do it my next spring.
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Sorry that was suppose to be 88 lbs.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    I hear you loud and clear. Those of us in the northern latitudes suffer from this. Where I am the sun comes up at 8 am and goes down at 4:45. Less than 9 hours. That is, on those days when we aren't covered with clouds.

Still, people aren't bears and are not supposed to hibernate! Use this down time to really get rockin' toward the body you will have when spring returns. I'm hoping my work this winter will give me an easier time of hiking our trails and doing some bike riding when the snow leaves us. Get busy NOW! February and March will be too late to emerge as the people we want to be! Consider these days as gifts to be used to the fullest!

Besides, I saw a post in the forums from a lady in Alaska. We are much better off than that!
  • Nmthor
    Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
    Yep, it's this time of the year. I suffer from SAD, and and get panic attacks from it. I have found a few tips:

1. Take Vitamin D
    2. Get enough sleep, but not too much (I want to turn into a bear and hibernate during the winter)
    3. Walk outside, even if it's cold.
    4. If possible, use a light therapy. (Mine is http://www.usa.philips.com/c/light-therapy/11625/cat/#/cp_tab1, and it has been a saver for me).
  • Nmthor
    Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
    I've also heard that bananas help.