Foundation advice

Options
tashaa1992
tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
Over the years, I have spent alot of money trying to find a foundation suitable for my needs, and still nothing has been even nearly close. So I'm wondering if someone could give me advice, before I go and buy one today.

I have dry/really sensitive skin. I have a few scars on my face so I'd need great coverage. The skin tone on my face is alot lighter than my body, my face is a really pale brown whereas my body is really tanned. I would like a foundation that covers all these areas, lasts quite a while if possible, I would like a nice tanned foundation, what are the best ones?

I have tried max factor, maybelline, garnier bb cream, revlon, maybelline bb cream, there are quite a few I've tried with no success.

Replies

• gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi

I would try Estee Lauder, quite expensive but the most fantastic coverage! Highly recommend it, you can buy it from boots..
  • Kerrylouu_
    Options
    rimmel wake me up foundation (:
  • Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Rimmel lasting finish is good, as is their match perfection (You can also get a powder and concealer in the same tines!) Good Luck :)
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier have great colour ranges and both do a variety of different types - oil-free, mineral etc.

I have dry, sensitive skin and they are the only ones I can tolerate on my face!
  • SarahJCotton
    Options
    I don't know how bad your scars are, but I too have awkward skin and have been using L'Oreal's True Match minerals powder for years now and I really don't think I could go back to cream foundations. Despite it being a powder it really does give fantastic coverage. For any problem spots I use a dab of concealer. One of these lasts months too so it's really good value for money! :)

http://images.mysupermarket.co.uk/Products_1000/60/144360.jpg
  • tashaa1992
    Options
    Hi

I would try Estee Lauder, quite expensive but the most fantastic coverage! Highly recommend it, you can buy it from boots..
    I ended up buying a clinque foundation, completely matches my skin tone but doesn't provide very good coverage. I'm going to mix it with another of my foundations to see how it turns out, if it doesn't come out good, I'm going to have another look. Which estee lauder foundation would you recommend?
  • tashaa1992
    Options
    rimmel wake me up foundation (:
    I've tried rimmel before, dried out my skin:(
  • tashaa1992
    Options
    Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier have great colour ranges and both do a variety of different types - oil-free, mineral etc.

I have dry, sensitive skin and they are the only ones I can tolerate on my face!
    I'll have a look for bobbi brown in my debenhams, never heard of laura mercier, can you get her cosmetic line from places like house of fraser, boots, etc?
  • tashaa1992
    Options
    I don't know how bad your scars are, but I too have awkward skin and have been using L'Oreal's True Match minerals powder for years now and I really don't think I could go back to cream foundations. Despite it being a powder it really does give fantastic coverage. For any problem spots I use a dab of concealer. One of these lasts months too so it's really good value for money! :)

http://images.mysupermarket.co.uk/Products_1000/60/144360.jpg
    My scars are really dark, and as my skin is so light, it's so easy to see them:/ I was told by a few of the women on the counters that a powder foundation wouldn't be good for my skin, thanks though:)
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I know it's not very cheap or economically friendly but I use Lush and The Body Shop for my make up because I am a big fan of cruelty free make up, which is slightly more expensive but in my opinion, well worth the money. Even if you don't have enough money I would still go and talk to the people in Lush, they are really helpful and even though they plug their own products they mention a lot of things that you may want to look out for if you decide to go somewhere else and get something cheaper.
    I hope that makes sense ? :S.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have Rimmel lasting finish which smells good and has really good coverage and lasts a long time... I also have body shop but its only one i use when my skin is amazing ....

One i dont have but i sooo want the benefit one, and what is even better about them is the lovely lovely ladies at the benefit counters will tell you which is best help you find a colour, and apply it on you, so you can try it before you buy, and the one i go to has never ever pressured me into buying anything, and iv gone once a week past few to have my make up done, try new things.
    It is a little pricier though... but their skin care range is really good too... i get quite dry across my forehead and down my nose, and as weird as it sounds i get dandruffy eyebrows :| . I bought a set of their mini skin care stuff and it really helps my skin loads, i put none on today and i can really tell. Oh and a really good primer helps too havent tried the benefit one of those though....

ha sounds like i work for benefit.. i dont honest i just wish i could afford to buy it all..... lol
    x
  • meribel46
    Options
    Estee Lauder Double Wear is the best one I've found, really good coverage & still looks good at the end of the day. I found the consultant very good at coloru matching it to my colouring ( i bought it at Boots) & she gave me 2 samples to take away & try before I bought as there were two that matched my skin & she told me to use each of them for a week or so & decide which I preferred.