16 Weeks to Marriage.....can I reach my goal?

Options
I just realized that if I can lose 2 pounds a week, then I can easily reach my goal on my wedding day. That is....if I can lose the two pounds a week. Is this realistic, or am I putting to much pressure on myself.

I have my wedding dress that fits like a glove now, but they tell me it can be altered 2 sizes. I can't see needing it altered more than two sizes by March 29th.

What weight loss goals do other brides have and will you meet your goal before your wedding? If I don't meet mine, I will be fine with it because I'm confident in my dress and I LOVE the way it looks on me now. BUT, it would be so nice to walk down the isle (Beach) knowing that I lost all the weight I had planned.

Replies

• Sahri21
    Sahri21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Two pounds a week can be done, but it isn't easy and it won't be consistent for that 16 weeks.

My dress too, can be taken in two sizes, I'm not sure if I'll make it. I've been eating right and exercising on and off all year and haven't reached even close to where I was hoping to be (40 pounds down, I'm at 25 now but I was at 37 down), but life happens. I moved unexpectedly, we've had family functions, gatherings, events where people don't understand that I want to eat healthy.

I am however, not losing this weight for my wedding, but for my health. And I will do it, no matter how long it takes me to get motivated or keep trying. I was on this journey before I was engaged.

I feel like setting goals is important, but I think it's important to set small goals. 32 pounds in 16 weeks (assuming it's 32 since you said two pounds a week) while can be done is a lot of stress. What happens to you when/if you don't make that goal? Will you feel as nice about yourself? I usually don't when I don't make one of my goals.

Another thing you may want to consider is if they can even alter your dress in time. What if it takes you almost up until your date to lose the weight, and then they don't have time to alter it appropriately?
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good points! I am also doing this for a lifetime of health, and I like setting goals, too.

I'm going to just continue what I've started doing.....eating healthy, exercising regularly, and maintain a healthy calorie deficit.....the weight will come off as it may. I'm not a person who beats up on myself when I don't reach a goal, and I refuse to let my wedding day be shadowed by weight:)

You are doing a great job!! Keep up the good work:)
  • andonsmama
    Options
    my wedding is about 16 wks away too! what day?
    my date is 4/5/13 and want to loose 25 more lbs by then.
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You're one week after me! Our wedding it Good Friday, 3/29/13. Congratulations:))
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    And I'm the week AFTER that - 13 April 2013!

I'm aiming to lose 17lbs by then. It won't put me at my goal, but is hopefully achievable!
  • andonsmama
    Options
    we can do this!!! c'mon!!! :drinker:
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good luck! 2 lbs a week is a fairly realistic goal. I'm hoping to do that for the next 5 at least. I will have to behave myself. :bigsmile:
  • SoonToBeMrs42713
    Options
    My wedding is 4/27/13 and I'm hoping to lose at least 20 pounds by then. It's hard with a fiance who has an outrageous metabolism, HE'S ALWAYS HUNGRY!