Thank you Nmthor!

sherrirb
sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
I gotta say, when I read that we should have our diaries open/public (which I do anyways) I wasn't expecting messages from Nmthor critiquing my diary.

But, that being said... after getting a message yesterday, I was spurred to get some real exercise in last night. I'm guilty of "planning" to exercise and then not actually getting it done or not being consistent with it.

I walked 4 miles with Leslie Sansone and then did 20 min of Wii Advanced Step - I have a 5 inch step under my Wii Fit board to give me more of a workout.

I'm a little sore today but totally excited to do it again tonight! I do appreciate the proverbial kick in the butt and I'm very thankful for this group!

Replies

• Nmthor
    Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
    Aw, thanks! The more you exercise, the easier it gets! For the last 3 months, I've gone to the Y 5x a week for an hour each time. Even though I belonged to the Y before then, I went once a week (if that). Now it's crazy - on the days I don't go, I miss it!! Yes, you do get sore (especially in the beginning), but it's a good ache, as you're doing something good for your body. Just start slow. Push yourself, but don't kill yourself.

Nanette

PS You don't have to go to the gym for exercise. Take a brisk walk, hula hoop, or use soup cans (filled) as weights.
  • sherrirb
    Agreed!

For the last couple months, even tho we have a membership at one of those 24hour a day places, most of my exercise is done at home. Trying to get hubby to drop the membership but he wants to start up C25K again. Our knees cant handle running on pavement just now.

Before I got small hand weights, I was using soup cans for some exercises like overhead tricep extensions (which are GREAT for that jiggly underarm fat that wiggles when you wave).

I've also taken to buying some minor equipment from Craigslist and other local "used" sources. Just picked up my first Kettlebell for $5 and it came with a DVD too!

Walking is the first and best exercise anyone can do. Just gotta look for extra ways to move you body if you cant afford any kind of gym membership and its easy if you put your mind to it!!
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    @ Sherrirb I almost bought a kettle ball today at TJ Max but it didn't come with a dvd and I don't know how to use one. I want to know. Any suggestions? I have weights. 3# and 8# I use them when I do a exercise ball workout dvd I have. Its and good workout. I also belong to a Super Fittness Club but I haven't been there in a while. My plan is to work the gym back into my workouts. I have a treadmill and eliptical and a pilaties machine. Tons of dvds so going to the gym isn't a priority for me unless I want to use the weights.

Doing good for the last week I've been logging to MFP. It really helps recording all foods and exercise. I'm very proud of myself for sticking with it. Now if I can just keep it up. I have a long way to go. But in the last week I haven't had any acid refulx. Thats a big plus for me. I was using that as reason why I wasn't exercising. Any bending or fast walking really made it worse. Now with watching my calories and fat ...knock on wood.. no problems for a week. Yay!
  • sherrirb
    @ Sherrirb I almost bought a kettle ball today at TJ Max but it didn't come with a dvd and I don't know how to use one. I want to know. Any suggestions? I have weights. 3# and 8# I use them when I do a exercise ball workout dvd I have. Its and good workout. I also belong to a Super Fittness Club but I haven't been there in a while. My plan is to work the gym back into my workouts. I have a treadmill and eliptical and a pilaties machine. Tons of dvds so going to the gym isn't a priority for me unless I want to use the weights.

Doing good for the last week I've been logging to MFP. It really helps recording all foods and exercise. I'm very proud of myself for sticking with it. Now if I can just keep it up. I have a long way to go. But in the last week I haven't had any acid refulx. Thats a big plus for me. I was using that as reason why I wasn't exercising. Any bending or fast walking really made it worse. Now with watching my calories and fat ...knock on wood.. no problems for a week. Yay!

I havent used the kettle bell yet. Hubby opened it for me but its still sitting there. I havent taken the time to look at the video as we've had a busy week and I've had barely time to get a few miles in with Leslie Sansone and then some Wii Advanced Step.
    I will look at the video tomorrow if I can. You might want to check out Youtube to see if there are any kettle bell workouts there, I'm sure there are.

I'm SOOOOO glad to hear about your acid reflux, or lack thereof!! Thats great! I tell you, I really noticed a difference with mine when I really started watching how MUCH I was eating. The only time now that I experience any is when I over-eat at dinner and/or eat dinner late.

That is a HUGE NSV!! WTG!!!