Just a little rant...

peasantgirly
peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
WHY is it that most doctors won't ackowledge adrenal fatigue? It's ridiculous that they acknowledge adrenal insufficiency but not adrenal fatigue!

From the mayoclinic.com (emphasis mine):

"Adrenal insufficiency can be diagnosed by blood tests and special stimulation tests that show inadequate levels of adrenal hormones.

Proponents of the adrenal fatigue diagnosis claim this is a mild form of adrenal insufficiency caused by chronic stress. The unproven theory behind adrenal fatigue is that your adrenal glands are unable to keep pace with the demands of perpetual fight-or-flight arousal. "

and goes on to say:

"...accepting a medically unrecognized diagnosis from an unqualified practitioner could be worse. Unproven remedies for so-called adrenal fatigue may leave you feeling sicker."

So, let me get this straight....you recognize that it IS possible for the adrenals to be depleted, yet apparently there's no "halfway" point. I guess everybody with "insufficient adrenals" was perfectly healthy before and then one day just woke up with insufficient adrenals? Okaaaay.....

Our bodies wear out. Our vision, hearing, joints, skin, etc, wears out. Our organs wear out. Whether it's due to age or over-use, nothing lasts forever. It's so obvious that if we are/have been under chronic stress then the adrenals are going to be worn out!

It boggles my mind how otherwise intelligent, educated people can't see what is right in front of them!

Replies

• MewShy
    MewShy Posts: 29 Member
    I totally agree!! Everything is too black and white with them and our bodies don't work that was at all. It's horrible to have the feeling no one is listening to you or taking you seriously :(
  • yellowrose21
    yellowrose21 Posts: 12 Member
    That's why I go to naturopaths whenever I can afford it! I was tired of being ignored, talked down to, offered sleeping pills etc. It was crazy :(
  • MewShy
    MewShy Posts: 29 Member
    What does an osteopath do? may have to find one.
  • soaring_chicken
    soaring_chicken Posts: 5 Member
    A naturopath focuses on whole health, health from a holistic view rather than the allopathic model that looks at disease process. A naturopath uses a wide variety of therapies, usually natural such as nutrition, herbs, vitamins/minerals, acupuncture, massage, and others depending on the doctor. An osteopath is different. I see an osteopath and it has helped me immensely with back and neck pain. They again work from a holistic view of the body and strive to balance your body, in terms of the musculoskeletal structure. They work to encourage proper lymphatic flow, circulatory function, and nervous function. I don't have a good understanding of what they do, but it works for me.