falling into a depression

Options
clydethecat
clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
my husband and i got bad news this week. we put our jeep up for consignment at what we thought was a reputable car lot. well, they werent. they stole all the cars on the lot and shut down shop. the police are investigating, but basically i lost over $15,000. it was my whole nest egg. i had plans for that money, one of those plans being buying a house. now we cant even think of buying a house. now we're just drowning in debt that was supposed to be paid for by this money. i may need a lawyer that i cant pay for.

i'm slipping into a major depression. i've been crying all morning, not over the loss of the money, but the loss of the dreams we had. it was our chance to get our heads above water and plan for our future, now we have no future. i cant look at the next 5 years and be excited about any of it. i'm jsut lost.

how do you get over something like this. i've had major depression before. i know what it feels like, and it feels bad. this feels horrible. any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Find out what you CAN do. Check with the Better Business Bureau. Check with your local TV stations and see if they will investigate. You can't be the only ones this happened to.

I'm not sure how to get over this if you can't recover the money. That's enough to send anybody into depression. Hopefully you will recover the money.
  • quiet0mind
    Options
    I'm assuming the police are involved? Was the car insured? I'm sure these are things already taken care of but ugh, I just can't believe human beings can be so sh!tty to each other. What a horrible thing to deal with.

As far as major depression, the only thing I can really suggest is seeing a doctor or therapist. I know that's the absolute LAST thing you want to do right now but the sooner you go, the sooner they can help you. Believe me, I wish I knew of a quick fix. :( I hope they get caught!!