CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

Options
TheKitsune6
TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
One of my favorite things about the holidays is the music! I get that it's super trendy now to hate the holidays and b*tch about how big Christmas is getting and yadda yadda but I think we could definitely use a light theme today.

So! What is your favorite, and least favorite holiday songs?

My Favorite: Carol of the bells, Jingle bell rock and Sleigh ride I cannot get enough of!

Least Favorite: Christmas shoes, and sometimes I get sick of Last Christmas.

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Favorite: White Christmas by Bing Crosby, Wish you a Marry Chirstmas by Julie Garland. I like to sing Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Least: Frosty the Snowman and Rockin Around the Christmas Tree
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Favorite: White Christmas by Bing Crosby, Wish you a Marry Chirstmas by Julie Garland. I like to sing Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Least: Frosty the Snowman and Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

Love the headband btw! Very cute :3
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I love the traditional Christmas hymns the most because they are beautiful..like to sing Walking in a Winter Wonderland and totally hate Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer and 6 White Boomers..

LOL
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Honestly, I love the traditional Christmas hymns the most because they are beautiful..like to sing Walking in a Winter Wonderland and totally hate Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer and 6 White Boomers..

LOL

6 white boomers? I've never heard that one
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Blue Christmas, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Silver Bells, Last Christmas, and Oh Holy Night.

I just LOVE them!

EEEE! I just love Christmas.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Hate hate hate Frosty the Snowman and Grandma got run over by a reindeer

Love .. All I want for Christmas is you .. Mariah Carey, Little Drummer Boy, Oh Holy Night
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Google 6 white boomers! Hideous!

And also look up "Have a very cheeky Christmas" by the Cheeky Girls. Might be the worst thing I've ever heard. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC4gc11QFJA
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Christmas cannon and hark how the bells by trans siberian orchestra --hell anything by TSO ... Also love I'll be home for Christmas and drummer boy (reminds my of my brother :cry: )

Hate christmas shoes and dear mr jesus
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    SB, I'll check those out when I get home, I can't listen to music at work :(
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

OMGOSH! Me tooooo! I hate hate hate them. And not even because they make me sad .. but because why in the world would someone sing about that. They make me angry.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

OMGOSH! Me tooooo! I hate hate hate them. And not even because they make me sad .. but because why in the world would someone sing about that. They make me angry.

I have never heard either song. Just like Red Solo cup I am able to save my ears from these.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I have never heard either song. Just like Red Solo cup I am able to save my ears from these.

I LOVE Red Solo Cup!!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I think I just love all Christmas songs....can't think of one I hate. Favorites are...

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
    All I Want For Christmas
    Carol of the Bells
    The First Noel
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I Love Christmas Music! I have a soft spot for all the traditional 'religious' carols, especially 'It came upon a midnight clear', 'Angels from the realms of glory' and 'O Come All Ye Faithful', but am also very very fond of many of the 'secular' songs, such as Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (just about guaranteed to make me well up!), The Christmas Song, The Christmas Waltz - basically all the crooner standards, and some of the newer pop numbers as well - from Fairytale of New York through Cold December Night, via Wham!, Mariah et al. Two ultimate favourites though have to be 'Snoopy's Christmas' and 'You Should never do a Tango with an Eskimo' - yes, I am a geek, with a weird sense of humour. :laugh: Singing 'O Holy Night', which crops up at least once a year, is always a joy, I'm very sad I don't have a 'Messiah' to do this year, and I have a nostalgic love for lots of the choral favourites by Rutter et al, having sung them for years on end at school. I also get absurdly excited by some of the orchestral music for this time of year - Troika, the Skaters Waltz, Sleigh Ride etc. It's just sad that we rarely hear 'Carol of the Bells' here - for some reason it's not really part of the British Christmas tradition.

Songs I loathe - very few, but Jingle Bell Rock is enough to make me go demented (sorry Kit!), as is anything featuring the young Michael Jackson, and 'Blue Christmas' is an horrendous piece of music.

Edit: I didn't mean to write a treatise - this is indicative of my overweening love for Christmas music, I fear!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Oh I forgot - The Nutcracker Suite. I used to (well still do) dance around the house pretending to be a ballarina everytime I hear it. I used to drive my mom up a wall when I would twirl around the kitchen's tile floor in my socks, she always thought I would slip and land on a knife or something.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Oh I forgot - The Nutcracker Suite. I used to (well still do) dance around the house pretending to be a ballarina everytime I hear it. I used to drive my mom up a wall when I would twirl around the kitchen's tile floor in my socks, she always thought I would slip and land on a knife or something.

Did you guys often store knives on the floor? Hahaha!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

No but a mother's thinking "You might slip crashing so hard a knife would jump out of the sink or knife holder and cut you." They are not always logical when it comes to their kids.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

No but a mother's thinking "You might slip crashing so hard a knife would jump out of the sink or knife holder and cut you." They are not always logical when it comes to their kids.
    AHAHAHAHA! That's awesome!

I remember when my mom found me playing with a knife for the first time. She stood back and looked at me and said "Be careful, or you'll cut yourself".

Sure 'nuff. Cut my pointer finger on my right hand. Guess who was super careful with knives from that point on?

Mom was a big believer in "learn by doing" :laugh:
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    This seems to cover pretty much every possible preference...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ-e3_31sdM
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i always look forward to the holiday hess commercials. this year it's the helicopter and rescue vehicle, oh yeah.

it totally counts as a christmas song.