I did it...No excuses now!

Options
Well I finally did it and registered for my Spartan Race....Now I have no excuses and I know I can do it. I am excited and terrified at the same time....I need to work on my war face though, I have been told....lol. This group is so helpful!

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm signed up for my first Spartan in June. Plenty of time to train and get ready. Good luck to you!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to it!
  • weliveaswedream
    weliveaswedream Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just signed up for my first Spartan, too. I will start working on endless burpees as soon as my knee is healed. Losing out on this off-season training time is killing me.
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep us posted. Which race are you doing?
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm waiting to get my knee cleared and then registering for one in August! Good luck!! :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm waiting to get my knee cleared and then registering for one in August! Good luck!! :)

August in MA?
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    August in VA. :)
  • bkguarna
    bkguarna Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sweet! I just did the Spartan Sprint at Fenway Park on the 17th! You won't regret doing it. It was one of the most rewarding things that I have done in a long time!

We were able to meet Kevin Faulk (formerly of the NE Patriots) and several of the Bruins players also doing the Race.

It was a little different from the normal races, I don't think the Red Sox would let them bring mud into the park, and hypothermia would've been a risk, as it was 39 degrees.

Here's the vid (our team shows up at the 4:47 mark):

http://spartanrace.tv/?v=boston
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep us posted. Which race are you doing?

I am doing the Spartan Sprint in Kalispell, MT in May. Really excited and scared.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    @bkguarna

I just watched that video the other day! That is so neat...Your team in the white?
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just registered for the Bear Mountain, PA Spartan in July 2013. It's our first race of any kind, definitely the first obstacle race. Coworkers have run "regular" races and one I know has done a Tough Mudder. We're trying to get some of them to sign up with us.

My husband rides his bike for exercise but I have been more the sedentary type, only activity being a mom to 4. I've looked through the other posts on this site and found them to be very motivational and informative. Can't wait to read more from those who have finished and then post my own success story!