calories

Options
I'm surprized about the amount of calories and sugars in the juices i make. I typically will have 2 16 oz glasses of something like carrot, apple, lime, greens of some kind, 1/2 a beet and maybe a thumb of ginger.

I look for what is closest to the juice i make on the "find food" feature to track calories. Tonight I picked "Fresh Vegetable Juice - Fresh Vegetable Juice: Carrot, Celery, Apple, Leaf Spinach, Beet" and selected 4 cups. This in total is 996 calories with 38 in the sugar category. I understand its an estimation. But still I almost flipped.

I just cant justify having to wash the juicer after only one glass, so I always have 2 big glasses of whatever.

Are others measuring calories and sugar on this fitness site, or are you thinking since its fresh and raw it shouldnt matter how much?
I mean it's not like its 1000 calories of say bacon...

Replies

• mishmash81
    Options
    I'll be starting my juicing soon, but I won't be counting calories. I know others do, but I'm going to juice to change my relationship with food. I don't want to count calories, points, kilojoules etc etc anymore - it makes me obsessed and depressed. So hopefully juicing will teach me to start listening to my body, by concentrating more on how I feel. Sorry this probably isn't answering your question, but maybe try not to focus too much on the calories but more on your intake - remember its a fast so you need to drink a lot of fluids to keep you from feeling too sick.