Pintrest

Options
I don't know if any of you are on Pintrest but I have been addictive ever since I found it. I love to look for new recipes and have started a new board of Low Cal foods and recipes. Also I am finding lots of videos on fitness.

My plan is to find recipes that I can easily cook for one and try a new recipe every week.

If you do a search on fitness you'll be amazed at everything that comes up.

Just something I thought I'd share.

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I've not been on it before. It looks like a very useful tool. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    No problem Gerri.. I got lots of new pins today :drinke r: :laugh:
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I've got a pinterest account but I'm not sure about how to use it. I'm computer/internet savvy but pintrest seems confusing to me... maybe I just havent taken time to figure it out yet

I've actually been wanting to make my own "healthy" cookbook of recipes that I like. But I want hard copy in case I dont have access to the internet :smile:
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm get on some, but just don't have the time right now. I have marked a few receipes that look good. My DD21 is due at the end of January. This is her 2nd. She is very overweight (one of my biggest regrets - bad role model for my girls - weight wise). Anyway, told her that after baby is born and she's back on her feet, we will find recipes we both like and cook on the weekends and freeze so they will be ready when we come home. I have me and a DD16 (who is very picky) to cook for and she has her and DD2.

Any interesting and easy recipes let me know!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Knight, that is one of the best ideas ever -- to cook on the weekends and freeze for the week. Every evening just move a meal from the freezer to the fridge for the next day. And the time spent cooking together will be much more fun than being stuck in the kitchen alone.

It isn't even necessarily recipes that can be prepared ahead. Especially if you have access to a Costco or Sams Club. Purchasing the veggies in large quantities will save you money. And it is certainly less expensive than purchasing frozen veggies. Then cook up all five pounds of broccoli or whatever, put meal sized portions into plastic bags, and stock the freezer. Purchase a turkey just after the holiday (maybe as low as 49 cents per pound) and roast it to add to the freezer stash. Bake up whole pans of Tillapia fish. Buy those boneless, skinless chicken breast, season with poultry seasoning or Itallian Herbs, and broil, roast, whatever.

I wish I had thought of this before my daughter had her babies. That would be an awesome gift for any new mom: to stock up their freezer so they don't have to cook while taking care of the new born.

Good idea all around!