SOS: Shout out Sundays

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Ok, comrades how was this week? Food-wise, exercise-wise, mental-wise...life in general....how was your week? What good or bad or lessons learned?
Want to get something off your chest without judgement or shame? Here is the place we embrace all...because we are all learning and growing!

Peace and love,
WW

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I had a long, not so good week. Even gained weight. But I added the gain, and I'm going to fix this. We all have to fall sometimes to get ourselves to stand up and keep moving.

I have learned this week that my body physically can't take emotional eating anymore.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Miss Krazy I learned too! I have been losing and then gained. I did have apple pie yesterday no secret...but all this week straight laced! I am not sure if the colonoscopy procedure had an effect or not. The prep was a sodium mixture. And I exercised more this week then usual! So I am going to do like you and really document and keep measuring and see how it is next week!
    I am beginning to think not sure yet but think my body does ot deal well with carbohydrates....starch kind like bread/pie/rice etc, only the minimum can I deal with.
    It is all about research and experimenting with our bodies to see what works for us!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Food was good, exercise was good this week. Mentally I'm sort of down. My Mom is healing from a broken hip. She's 93 and I'm worried about her. I'm going to see her next week.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I survived a week of hotel living and didn't gain weight. I managed to get my boss addicted to MFP instead. Weight-wise, it was a good week.
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Food was good, exercise was good this week. Mentally I'm sort of down. My Mom is healing from a broken hip. She's 93 and I'm worried about her. I'm going to see her next week.
    [/quote
    Praying for you and mom, hope she heals well...
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    okay week, was a little sore from 5k last Saturday, took a couple of days to get move in again, too many candies and goodies at work...so hard ...this is going to be a long couple of weeks saying no thank you..
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose what I expected to lose but I don't get discouraged. On the flip side, I managed to swim my 100 laps this Friday, That has been a big fitness goal of mine for almost 4 months and I finally did it.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I had as great week losing weight but I have been emotional. I had a fabulous day today. Mom came over unexpectedly and we laughed it up. I love Mom.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well, found out that I'm not celiac (maybe- test was negative, but for it to show a true pos/neg you have to have been eating wheat for several weeks, I only had it for a few days so test could be a false negative, BUT since I'm GF due to the wheat allergy anyway, I don't see what difference it makes whether I am or not) found out that my Vitamin D is low but not low enough to require treatment ( normal range is 30-74, mine came back at 30) which granted, I did nothing different in my day so I got an hour of sunlight the evening before when I went out to walk/jog plus whatever was in the milk I had before I went to bed- so it's possible that I'm doing just enough to keep me at the low end of the range). Lost my voice on Wed after teaching a class for 4 hours straight, problem is, it hasn't come back yet (usually only takes a day or two) so apparently I have the bug that's going around (several people at work have had it-thanks y'all) apparently you lose your voice, have a dry hacking cough, but otherwise feel fine!

So, started taking OTC Vitamin D and Calcium at the recommendation of the Dr that had the test done (we'll see if that helps) am calling my primary about the throat/voice thing today to see if I can at least get cough syrup that will actually work so I can sleep.
    Got all my cookie baking done, now just need to finish decontamination my kitchen so I can cook in it and need to decorate one batch of cookies.
    Onward: Combat today, dance rehearsal tomorrow, walk/jog in the park Wed, training with Super Trainer Thurs plus performance Thurs afternoon, performance Friday and off to the parents for Christmas (and doing hard labor on the property!)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    @KrazyAsianNic: “We all have to fall sometimes to get ourselves to stand up and keep moving.” So true. Learning how to recover from and reverse a "fall" is part of the process of becoming healthy, IMO. So, I love your attitude. Congratulations on coming to terms with emotional eating. (That’s something I’m working on, too.) Self-awareness is a huge first step.

@WW: I’m wondering if…certain medical procedures…cause a little blip in weight loss. I know I have fluctuations all the time, even without medical procedures. :tongue: (I’ve had to learn not to let it get me down…to just keep on with the healthy program.) You’re body will right itself soon, I bet!

@jacqueling: I understand how worry and sadness about a parent can take a toll. I hope your mom’s long-term recovery goes well…and I hope you have a wonderful visit with her.

@aakaakaak: Congrats on surviving hotel living without a gain. It’s great you are able to be successful even when your routine and environment change...good job! *pats aakaakaak on the back*

@kriskerans: Wow…congratulations on completing your 5K…that’s awesome! :smile:

@WDEvy: Super-duper NSV. I love hearing about how people set goals, work towards them bit by bit, and then meet them. Woot! That’s how to do it.

@lisa: So glad you were able to laugh with your mom…that’s a sweet time. And congrats on your weight loss. :smile:

@Rachelh6: Hope your voice returns to you soon. You have a very active week scheduled…sounds fun!

My week: I started using the mini-trampoline/rebounder/cardio jumper (so many names!) this week. I really like it.

p.s.: Hope you all don't mind the list posting. I don't know what gets into me sometimes. :wink:
  • 7nita10
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time but the key is not giving up.