Any one else not following the SlimFast Plan 100%?

Options
Hey. I started using the slimfast 3-2-1 shakes and bars back in November. Because of how much I have to lose, I can't follow the plan all the way. I eat more than it recommends and switch it up when I need to with Special K bars, since they have less calories.

Does anyone else do this? I know that once I get under 200lbs, and have less than 30lbs to lose, I'll start following it more closely. But it would be nice to know that I'm not the only one who has to supplement this plan.

Replies

• Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hey. I started using the slimfast 3-2-1 shakes and bars back in November. Because of how much I have to lose, I can't follow the plan all the way. I eat more than it recommends and switch it up when I need to with Special K bars, since they have less calories.

Does anyone else do this? I know that once I get under 200lbs, and have less than 30lbs to lose, I'll start following it more closely. But it would be nice to know that I'm not the only one who has to supplement this plan.
    It depends on your calorie level. Go to the thread that says slimfast diet plan.It has the plan when it was slimfast optima. If over 200 lbs it gives 2 shakes one 200 calories mini meal or snack. 5 servings of fruit or vegetables 4 snacks and a 500 calorie meal. I did it and lost 86 lbs in 8 months.
  • Momwasix
    Options

It depends on your calorie level. Go to the thread that says slimfast diet plan.It has the plan when it was slimfast optima. If over 200 lbs it gives 2 shakes one 200 calories mini meal or snack. 5 servings of fruit or vegetables 4 snacks and a 500 calorie meal. I did it and lost 86 lbs in 8 months.

Over 200 pounds: 1 Slim-Fast Meal On-
    the-Go; 1 Slim-Fast Meal Combination; 1
    Sensible Meal; 5 fruits or vegetables; 4
    snacks
    Dieters can arrange these meals, snacks,
    and meal combinations in any daily
    pattern that works for them. The plan
    defines its various components as follows:
    Meal-On-the-Go: A Slim-Fast meal
    replacement liquid shake or solid bar
    (180-220 calories)
    Meal combination: A Slim-Fast meal
    replacement shake or bar combined with
    a serving of ‘a favorite healthy
    food’ (180-220 calories plus 200 calories;
    healthy food suggestions include a cup of
    lentil soup; half a roast beef sandwich;
    cottage cheese plus a glass of tomato
    juice)
    Sensible meal: A nutritious meal of about
    500 calories, accompanied by a large glass
    of water or other calorie-free beverage.
    The booklet contains a diagram of a plate
    divided into half with the top half divided
    in half again. The dieter is instructed to
    think of the bottom half of the plate as
    filled with vegetables and the two top
    segments as filled with lean protein and
    starch (preferably whole grains)
    respectively. Instead of counting calories
    or weighing and measuring, the person is
    advised to visualize portions as follows: 1
    cup = the size of a softball; 1/2 cup = size
    of a light bulb or baseball; 3 ounces (meat
    or fish) = size of a deck of cards or the
    palm of the hand; 2 tablespoons = size of
    a ping-pong ball. Thus the sensible meal is
    about 1/4 protein food, 1/2 vegetables,
    and 1/4 whole grains.
    Fruits and vegetables: 1 serving = 1
    medium-size whole fruit or 1/2 cup
    sliced; 1 cup raw vegetables or 1/2 cup
    cooked.
    Snacks: Slim-Fast snack bars (120
    calories).
    The Optima diet plan allows a daily calorie
    count of 1250-1400 calories for a 140-
    pound dieter and up to 1850 or 1900 for
    a dieter over 200 pounds.
  • calliandrea
    Options
    The main problem I have with sticking strictly with the plan is mental. I work in a restaurant and am around food all day long as a cook. Its hard for me to have a shake at 6am and not eat anything else until I get home around 2pm. So I take a couple of snack bars and eat them when I can, about every couple of hours. Then I have some soup or a sandwich right before lunch starts so I'm not hungry. I've found that if I don't do this, I continually snack and eat things that I Know I shouldn't.
  • Momwasix
    Options
    The main problem I have with sticking strictly with the plan is mental. I work in a restaurant and am around food all day long as a cook. Its hard for me to have a shake at 6am and not eat anything else until I get home around 2pm. So I take a couple of snack bars and eat them when I can, about every couple of hours. Then I have some soup or a sandwich right before lunch starts so I'm not hungry. I've found that if I don't do this, I continually snack and eat things that I Know I shouldn't.

Okay
    try this 6 am shake or 200 calorie bar with 200 calorie soup try those Campbell's soup on the go.
    8 am snack bar with with small fruit
    10 am snack bar with another fruit
    12 lunch shake or bar with fruit or vegetable maybe salad and snack
    2 pm fruit or vegetable
    at home 500 calorie dinner
    and one last snack.
  • nomobootydo
    Options
    I stopped.i started taking colon cleanse and metamucil