Exercise

Options
ChaleGirl
ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
What are everyone's exercise goals??

I am going to focus on running and weights. I used to do kickboxing but haven't done that for a while! With running, I have never done more than a 5k run but I am going to try and aim to be able to do a 10k!

Replies

• AllisonPlease
    AllisonPlease Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There is a local 5k/10k run next month that I really want to attempt, but I haven't truly "ran" since high school. I'm starting slow with the running but eventually I would love for it to become second nature.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My general goal is to build strength and keep what muscle that I have. Specifically, I am trying to build up a bit higher on the weights I lift and I am going to try to run for the first time in years. I currently exercise almost every weekday, alternating between swimming and a stationary bike/weightlifting routine that I have developed. I take only about 45 minutes (I have a bus to catch) each day. I have put off running until after the holidays, but I would like to see what happens now that I have lost over 70 pounds.
  • KelseyWood91
    Options
    I plan on focusing on running and yoga. Yoga has always been one of my favorite forms of exercise. I want to be able to run for an hour straight!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Running!! And I'm looking to add something else. Probably 30DS and some light weights at home.
  • dawnschrecengost66
    Options
    Running. Have recently started, and I'm a turtle so I need to improve there, and doing Body Pump twice a week, and miscelleneous weight training. Just trying to get into a rhythm.
  • Lilleo08
    Options
    Home workouts for me, Im starting with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Im only on day 10 so far. Havent consistently worked out for a while so I need to stay motivated!
  • SloRunner25
    SloRunner25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred. This time I'm going to finish it because I ALWAYS get sick right before level 2. Now I'm over my cold/flu awfulness after 2 weeks and I finished day 2 of level 1 today and I'm determined to do it all!!

After 30 DS I'm going to do couch to 5K (C25K). I've done it twice before in college and ran a 2 mile foot race. I want to run a 5K in 2013, preferably the color run! I'm going to do it with my dad who's my hero! He's in his 50s and been running since he was 18. He's run a marathon (or two!) a year until he was in his mid 40s and his back isn't the best. Now he's "toned it down" by doing half marathons and 9 milers! Psht, I have no excuse if my arthritic dad can do it!!
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Your dad sounds like he needs to be my inspiration too lol!
    If he can do it with arthritis there is no excuse for us @mewhite25!
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I focus on doing cardio for atleast 45 minutes. I hate the bike but at least do 15 minutes, I do the elliptical, arch trainer and treadmill. I was doing couch to c2k and C2k5 on the treadmill. I am now running on it 15 minutes straight and trying to improve with longer time each day. I do sit-ups, squats and strengh training. I also do Denise Austin Pilates and Jillian Ripped in 30. I don't do the dvd as often. I go to the gym everyday. I love it.
  • FitGoalsWithJenn
    Options
    I do cardio and heavy weights 4x a week with 3 rest days.

My goal is to loose weight while toning to eventually compete in a competition.

Everyone has to remember that abs are made in the kitchen. Feed your body the best by eating clean!
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I do cardio, an hour a day, 5 days a week.

On Friday I shall get the free and clear to start weight lifting/strength training. On Sunday I will start my sessions, 3 days a week, for an hour, strength training.

My company participates in a marathon, I think it's in May. I'd like to join it and succeed at it.
  • lisadekk
    lisadekk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do some sort of cardio 45-60 min a day, 5 days a week. I would like to add more weight training to my regimin - nothing heavy, just for toning.
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I enjoy swimming in the winter (then a nice sauna!)
    I usually do hot yoga at a studio...I tried it a home in my spare bedroom this morning- but it only got to 80 degrees...and 90 minutes of it at home just isn't the same....plus, I'd need a space heater in addition to my electric fireplace in there!
    I'm also a runner-- but with our arctic blast yesterday- running running outside won't be an option for awhile... as I don't like a treadmill..
    Snowshoeing...perhaps some skate skiing....

Those activities will keep me busy for a good month...
    I was thinking of doing a triathalon this spring..... I know I could ...and even a half marathon...!
  • yocando
    Options
    Heading out to snow shoe this morning.... we've got 18" of the white stuff--just dropped this week!! Major snow event is over... I'm gonna get out and burn some serious calories this morning!! Into the woods I go!!!! Gotta try and at least stay on top of all these calories this time of year!!! And I need to drink more water today!!! Definitely!!!
  • kzandarski
    Options
    snow shoeing sounds like awesome fun!

I generally run and do weights. While I am out of school I am going to try to add in a few more days or where I do both.
  • yocando
    Options
    snow shoeing was gorgeous today!! I'm going to download the photos I took over Christmas and will post some of them to my profile.... I think I got some good ones!
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am being forced to modify my exercise program. My knee is stiff and a bit sore and I found out yesterday that I couldn't ride a stationary bicycle. I don't think that I can do any weightlifting requiring bending of the knee, but I can walk although I'm not ready to run. Swimming went fine, so I'll be able to continue that. Now to deal with the disruptions the holidays and travel...
  • yocando
    Options
    Profile pic is from snowshoeing yesterday.....everything was covered in delicate snowflakes.... got out early enough to enjoy it before the sun melted it away yesterday... Today, it's skate skiing.... I haven't done this for a couple years. It's the most aerobic form of exercise I have ever done..... SUPER INTENSE.... I'll go to a state park where they have a flat trail groomed...and get my mojo back on what I'm doing before I explore more complicated terrain....
    Gonna get the day started right with some vigorous cardio.
    Tomorrow -it's swimming, a sauna and then heading to IL to be with family for Christmas... (the sauna will mellow me for heading into the family situation!!!)

Happy Holidays everyone!