SWToR

Options
now that its FTP anyone going back to it? i started it back up again and im back addicted but havent done ops or anything just love the story lines

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give it a try now that it's free.
  • sprinkels29
    Options
    The game is still the same, so no thanks. My original character is still stalled out at 50 in the middle of nowhere on a dead server :( I just re-installed WoW...would rather do that : / Plus the FTP has some real limitations.
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    yeah im playing it now just to level the other 6 classes i didnt get to see the story for but its fun still the FTP is very limited ive seen but i grabed a 1 month sub just to create all 8 characters lol
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    *Sigh* I only looked forward to that game for 2 years. Then played it for 3 months, capped, did the ops and left for a break before GW2. I WISH I wanted to go back to it. :cry:
  • cartwoman
    Options
    yeah im playing it now just to level the other 6 classes i didnt get to see the story for but its fun still the FTP is very limited ive seen but i grabed a 1 month sub just to create all 8 characters lol

I think you can create them all, but you won't be able to play more than 2 once your sub ends. I think the game made me pic two chars I wanted to play and locked the other ones out :/
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    It is an alright game, VERY themepark. Definitely worth playing through. Even more fun with a partner.

But as far as MMO goes, doesn't really have it. I do enjoy when I play though.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Still sub, still play, still enjoying it.

I was looking forward to WoW for MoP....but after six years, the thrill is gone.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i started once it went F2P. Its a decent game for free, wouldnt sub it tho. Hate that i cant read my quests but have to listen to them, its rarely quiet enough to hear all they have to say. I like i can choose what to say in response tho, kinda interesting.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    FIred it back up... no new chapters... my monies are capped at 350k there went 50mil credits real quick...

I am debating about leveling up my ALT's or waiting for more story line to be released... I got sucked into the Trooper and JK story lines nicely itching to see how those play out from the end of the 3rd Chapter now.

Until then I fired up UO Second Age, LOTRO and STO ... Yeah I am that bored. Can't do crap on PS2 with my current ISP so might as well dork around on some F2P games that don't need massive bandwidth.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    It was fun while it lasted, but I wouldn't go back to it unless they added a lot to it. I haven't played since before it went FTP. I don't really like FTP games, they are far too limited. Sometimes I miss my little Sith though. :cry:
  • lomogeek
    lomogeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I finally patched it up a week ago and logged in but I don't think I'll stay around long.
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The game is still the same, so no thanks. My original character is still stalled out at 50 in the middle of nowhere on a dead server :( I just re-installed WoW...would rather do that : / Plus the FTP has some real limitations.
    They still have dead servers? I thought consolidating from a million servers to 5 would have solved that? It certainly did for the EU servers
  • AndyStanford
    Options
    i started once it went F2P. Its a decent game for free, wouldnt sub it tho. Hate that i cant read my quests but have to listen to them, its rarely quiet enough to hear all they have to say. I like i can choose what to say in response tho, kinda interesting.
    You can turn the subtitles on and read it that way, and then spacebar through once you finish reading.

I still sub, but don't log in often enough to justify it really, but then I paid for 6 months at once.

The problem it has is that people didn't want an MMO, they wanted KotOR3, so most people who cared about the game (rather than trying it because it's the latest MMO) only really care about the single-player content, which is fully available on FTP.

That said, I like the way that levelling Alts gets steadily easier (in fact the devs have stated that they actively want people to level Alts), but where I'm at right now is that I'll get through all 8 class quests, then go FTP until there's new story content, and then alternate like that.

In reality, I'll probably just keep subbing until they kill it, because I'm too much of a Star Wars fanboy.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I started it when it became FTP, then paid the $5 necessary to get "Preferred" status. I like the story-line so far (Sith Inquisitor) and have been drafted for a group already, and we're supposed to game together once a week in the new year. So I'm curious to see how it will be with a party, as I've enjoyed the single-player stuff so far.

Mind you, I only play FTP games (DDO, LotRO) so the constraints on the accounts don't bother me.
  • K0h4ku
    K0h4ku Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It was fun while it lasted, but I wouldn't go back to it unless they added a lot to it. I haven't played since before it went FTP. I don't really like FTP games, they are far too limited. Sometimes I miss my little Sith though. :cry:

When did you leave? There's been a whole lot added since launch and way more coming with expansion. :)
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i dont know, i never really was all that into it to begin with. I might be a bit biased as i started mmo's as a wow girl. I think if i was going to get back into a free mmo it might be guild wars 2. Not sure though as all these games seem to feel as if something is missing....i miss wow lol but i know ill just go on it for a couple weeks and then be sick of it again
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i miss wow lol but i know ill just go on it for a couple weeks and then be sick of it again

This^^

I loved WoW, and still think of it fondly. But what I think I loved was my old guild. I came back in anticipation of MoP. Leveled my main to 90 and then got bored with the rep grind. I stopped to play Halo 4 and discovered Skyrim. I may try SWToR now that it is FTP. How limited is the FTP vs sub?
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Want something that'll keep you busy play Planetside 2.
  • AndyStanford
    Options
    I may try SWToR now that it is FTP. How limited is the FTP vs sub?
    If you treat it as a single player game (which mostly, you can), the only real limitation is that you can only have 2 characters. However if you make even one purchase ($5 of microtransaction or pre-order the first paid expansion), you get less limitations as you're a "Preferred" account then, rather than true Free, and Preferred accounts actually aren't too far removed from what subscribers get, for a lot of things.