New to Edmonton

Options
nbrown88ca
nbrown88ca Posts: 33 Member
Hey!

So I just moved to Edmonton about 2 months ago. I have been going to Goodlife a lot (it helps not knowing anyone in the city) lol.

Looking for ideas on some healthy restaurants in the city and also some sports clubs?

-Nicole

Replies

• dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    what kind of sports do you like?

there's the edmonton sport and social club which has a bunch of different co-ed sports. i played basketball in it last year with my brother but we thought it was 'just ok' and didn't bother signing up again. i guess it depends on what sport you want to play and how competitive you are.
  • paddythegeek
    Options
    Hey, welcome to town.

No idea on sports clubs, but a few favourite healthy restaurants are below. My wife and I are vegetarian and have some gluten-free constraints to work with, so we're a nightmare at dinner parties. That said, the choices below all have choices for all diets, including ours.

Wild Earth Cafe - casual coffee house with some nice salads, and amaaaazing cinnamon buns, including a whole wheat version
    Culina at the Muttart Conservatory - lunch/brunch, and a great introduction to Culina's innovative and delicious food
    Cafe Beruit (casual on Whyte Ave and 108 or fine dining on Jasper Ave and 112) - both great Lebanese restaurants, a cuisine I knew nothing about before but now prefer to pretty much all others
    Naryana (81 ave and 101) - indian buffet, great for groups for fine dining or casual - super friendly staff and delicious food for all diets, with so many GF options my wife almost cried