Les Mills Combat

Options
Did anyone pre-order it? I'm curious to know how it is--I can't tell from the promo video. Debating on what to get next. Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It is freakin' AWESOME!!! I love this program.. I did Week One of the Ultimate Warrior Schedule last week waiting for my Challenge Group to start up today.. I haven't done all the videos yet because I am following the schedule.. But, I know others that have tried the different routines and I have had no one tell me they disliked any of them.. A lot of my friends are Insanity / Les Mills Pump grads, so this was right down their alley anyway.. If an opinion, I say 100% YES to this program..
  • Melzy71
    Melzy71 Posts: 150
    Options
    I pre-ordered it and it is GREAT! I love it. I have done the 30 min and 45 min one. At first you are like hey this aint no big deal, then 400 punches later and 300 kicks later you are like oh my gosh this is HARD! It creeps up on you but it is a great low impact (or high if it's what you like) workout.
  • bryanamb
    bryanamb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I pre-ordered it and plan to start 12/31/12. I'm an Insanity, Asylum, and Tapout XT grad, so I'm looking forward to it. In addition to using the weighted gloves, I plan to use ankle weights as well (following my Tapout XT strategy) for maximum results.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    I pre-ordered it and plan to start 12/31/12. I'm an Insanity, Asylum, and Tapout XT grad, so I'm looking forward to it. In addition to using the weighted gloves, I plan to use ankle weights as well (following my Tapout XT strategy) for maximum results.

The gloves that come with the Combat program are not weighted.. Didn't know if you had your own or not, but just wanted to let you know in case you thought they were..
  • pomservices
    Options
    I just joined this group but I would highly recommend Combat. I just finished the first week of Ultimate Warrior and I am still sore in places that I did not know existed. I love the Ultimate Warrior edition because of the extra workouts that you receive and the stretching video that is worth its weight in gold as far as I am concerned. Just FYI, do not punch anything with the gloves, they are not made for it.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    I just did Combat 45 : Power Kata this morning.. What a BLAST!! I can't wait to see what the 2 60 minute routines have to offer..
  • ablissabby
    ablissabby Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm wrapping up CLX now and will start Combat in January - I can't wait!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2! So far I like it but I only got the basic package!
  • pomservices
    Options
    Yeah, but you get to rest twice a week. I am jealous.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    I'm doing the "Ultimate" schedule also, but on days where there are just the Inner Warrior, Lower/Upper Body blow out routines, I usually supplement with a Les Mills Pump or Insnaity routine.. I do take my one rest day, but I also double up on others in the week. That's the only way I feel like I'll get those "as seen on TV" results. :) Can't wait to do my first 60 minute routine tomorrow!
  • cinico
    Options
    I am thinking about adding more weight training through p90x! I will have to see how week 3 goes! I am using my weighted gloves and it feels awesome!
  • KGTraxler
    Options
    Just ordered Les Mills combat. How heavy of weighted gloves should I get?
  • cinico
    Options
    I am using 2 pounds! Your package may come with the gloves though!
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You should NOT use weighted gloves!
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Agree with above.. Getting started out, I wouldn't bother with weighted gloves.. With some of the moves (elbows, etc) you could hurt yourself with overweighted wrists.. I had considered getting some weighted gloves until I did all the routines.. No need for them now.. Might consider them for the second round.. The gloves that come with Combat are not weighted..
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    I've been using 2 pound wrist weights that I have. I've also been following the modified woman though since I've been sick. This program is hard! My upper back feels like it ripped off...
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just took Les Mills Body Combat 54 at my local YMCA and it was awesome!! Very intense and a killer calorie burn. Highly recommended.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Just finished Day 23 of 60 and still loving this program.. The burn is awesome and although the routines are intense, they are fun too.. This is the first program I've done that I actually look foward to the longer duration routines..
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for COMBAT to come in the mail...I'm doing a P90X / Asylum hybrid right now...how would you compare Combat to P90X as far as intensity goes? I have never felt like the cardio in P90X was very intense, but the strength part is the best!
    thanks for any feedback :)
  • dalehall64
    Options
    The cardio on Combat is more than P90X.. I'm constantly thankful I did Insanity because I think it prepared me for the longer duration Combat routines. You won't regret getting Combat...