Am I welcome in ur group?

Options
bkscott5
bkscott5 Posts: 53 Member
I'm wondering if ur group would be a good fit 4 me. I'm currently 42 w/3 beautiful children 18, 20, 23, hubby, & what people call r petting farm (down 2 just dogs,cats, snakes, turtles, & lizards. I have suffered from pain fora large part of my life. The chronic 24/7 pain started Feb 1999 with a l5/s1 disk problem, herniated, leaking, & something else wrong I can't remember. It is now also affecting the l4. I have pain issues head to feet. Suffer from weekly headaches & migraines since childhood. Neck pain over 20 yrs, even had 4 lbs removed from my chest 2 see if that would help-NOPE. Pain in rt elbow last year or 2. Pain in both wrists, thought 2 b carpal tunnel, even wanted 2 do surgery but since breast reduction didn't help didn't have surgery. Turned out 2 b a good thing cuz new dr's say it isn't carpal, but can't tell me what it is. Add to left wrist a part of my palm hurts now too. Have suffered with IBS for several years (diareha kind), better now. The last few years I've had major constipation problems, a little better now. Have had pain in right hip this year. As I said l4&5/s1 r major problems w/pain area growth & pain level intensified. Both knees hurt, w/right side hurting more. Everytime I bend it 2 sit on toilet or walk up stairs @ dr. U can actually hear/feel something most times when it bends. Left leg was amputated below the knee cuz I had a cancerous tumor in my heal bone. Leg removed July 2010. So I have some phantom pains but not as bad as I hear other people complaine about. I do have a bone that sticks out that hurts at times & just the normal pain u get from losing a limb. Have had problems w/both ankles in past-solved one by removing it. Right heal has been hurting 4 2-3 weeks so will b talking 2 chemo dr about that. Have had pain real bad in big toe and thumb both on right, I'm thinking this might b arthritis from what I've heard. I did have almost a year of chemo, a throat biopsy and a lung wedge biopsy which can hurt at times. My latest pet scan didn't show any new cancer but it did show something on my right knee that they thought should get looked at. Due to the level of pain I spend most of my time laying in my bed. I can only stand 4 about 5 min, sit 4 about 20, walk short distances & doing this will cause my pain levels to shoot up sometimes 2 an unbearable level. Even laying in bed I can't lay on my left side 4 more than 5 min, my back no more than an hour, I have 2 b curled up on my right side the most but I can't stay there cuz it hurts my hip 2 much.
So I'm real limited 2 what I can do overall, exercising is going 2 b real challenging. My dr is going 2 try to have a physical therapist come 2 my house & see if they can get me doing something. When I come back from the bathroom when using the walker I raise my foot & hold 4 2 sec each step. I will be trying an ab vacuum 2 see if I can do that without 2 much pain & I will see if I can find something small & light 2 do w/my arms.
I log my foods every day & other than today when I ran out I have finally managed 2 get 8-8oz glasses of water down every day.
So look me over & see if u think I would be a good fit in ur group. I don't know what causes a lot of my pain but some have actual diagnoses. So plz let me know if I'm welcomed into ur group & if I am what is it we strive 2 do in this group.
Tks & hopefully I didn't leave any problems out that u should know about, I do have problems with memory, focus, & concentration (along w/spelling-sorry). If u need more info just ask.

Replies

• ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi bkscott5! Im pretty new in this group too. Sounds to e like you are a perfect candidate for joining (we all have different causes of chronic pain, not just arthritis), so dont feel like because you have something different that you cant join. I have Hyper Mobility Syndrome and that is what causes my chronic pain. Basically none of my muscles and ligaments hold the joints together properly so they constantly dislocate. So that's fun and has caused me trouble in the past at work.
    'Clicking your fingers is unprofessional! Think about what your clients will think about you.' ...clicking is caused by the dislocating of my joints...its not as if i do it on purpose.

*phew* sorry for turning that last bit into somewhat of rant, having some issues on my end.
    As my mother would say it sounds like you've been through the wars... with everything that has been going on in your life. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Waves Hi to my dear friend bkscott :flowerforyou: I hope you are doing ok, I haven't seen you on my feed much lately.

I am new to this group and have been reading through the threads to see what has already been discussed. I suffer from Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy in my hands and feet, in addition to some back pain. It is hard to walk on feet that often feel like they are tingly asleep or just feel like stumps (causing balance problems), but I have learned to move in spite of it. Some days are better than others, cold rainy days are the worse for me. In the past year I have gone from completely bedridden to active on most days (up and about for most of the day with 30min or more of exercise, if I can).

I hope everyone here is having a good day and I look forward to getting to know you better :happy:

Panda_1999
  • swfloridagal
    Options
    I believe that the way this group works is your a member if you say your a member. When I joined in I didn't apply... i just showed up because of my chronic pain.

The main thing is we all have different problems but the result is the same.... they cause chronic pain. If you have pain, you belong!

the more the merrier. I have peripheral neuropathy, a fake pelvis and hip from a head on collission, I have fibro and lupus. Every day i'm in pain and yet I joined MFP and I managed to drop 40 pounds since May of this year. You can do it too! The nice thing is we are all in this together. Living with pain brings its own set of challenges so your in the right place! Keep coming back and bring an animal or two so we can pet them?! :laugh:

Glad to meet you and a warm welcome to you! See you round the rooms! Janice in fL