Sunshine addict

Options
After a week of riding my trainer with my eyes closed trying to imagine a lakeside road, I put on all my cycling gear and ventured outside in 34 degree temps to ride with the sun on my back. It was maybe my slowest time for an 8 mile out and back to a small idaho lake, but oh so worth it!

Anyone else venture into the cold this week?

Replies

• Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a morning ride (commute) that warm in weeks, the afternoons though are in the 40s. I love riding when it's cold out.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've had a ride above 40 in the last month. Doesn't stop me though.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a morning ride (commute) that warm in weeks, the afternoons though are in the 40s. I love riding when it's cold out.

Heh, 7F this morning. Even the water bottle froze up.
  • dtpss188
    Options
    Last Saturday I did a 57 mile loop in 35 degrees. It was the 8th time I did the loop this year and was by far the most difficult. It took me almost 50 minutes longer that my previous LONGEST time. The fatigue factor was multiplied by the need to fight the temps, despite being dressed well. I stopped at a hardware store and bought toe warmers to put inside my boots. It was a real eye opener as to how the cold can really sap your energy over the long haul, even when dressed well. BE CAREFUL! ...but have fun!