Holiday Break at the Studio :(

Options
alpine1994
alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
Is anyone else's studio closing for all of next week? I had my last ballet class last night for the next two weeks and I'm sad, and I also feel like I'm going to SUCK when I go back after break! haha. Guess I'll have to practice in my kitchen! The fact that I'm bummed about this has also got me thinking that I should start looking for some summer classes.

Replies

• eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My studio is closed for two weeks! We go back january 7. You won't suck! You might be a little tight and stiff, but your ability won't decrease over one week. I've done plenty of kitchen dancing myself though lol. I enjoyed having the summer off, but it was a little harder the first couple of weeks when classes resumed in the fall!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Mine's closed for 2 weeks too! I'm planning on doing some pilates and stretching a lot so I don't feel too bad when I return! I'll mostly miss the calorie burn I got from dance...
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yeah the receptionist of our studio asked us if we were excited about the break.

We looked at her like she just said she got her mom an albino grizzly bear for Christmas.

Stretching and my combos are the main focus during this break. Oh yeah and NOT eating cookies and candy for breakfast. That can't be good right?
  • wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have to say, as a teacher, that I love the break! But I did encourage my dancers to do a ballet barre and stretch every day at home.