Christmas Day & ChronicPainAnonymous Phone Mtgs

Options
As we will know, many people with chronic pain and chronic illness are homebound. Either we are isolated by our pain or by choice or by medical needs. During holidays it is valuable for us to have an outlet to speak with others, especially ones who understand what it is like to have our illness of chronic pain.

Chronic Pain Anonymous is a Twelve Step fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and to help others recover from the disabling effects of chronic pain and chronic illness. The only requirement for membership in CPA is a desire to recover from the emotional, physical, and spiritual debilitation of chronic pain and chronic illness and a willingness to help others to do the same.

CPA has five regularly scheduled phone meetings, two Google Group internet meetings and 13 face-to-face meetings taking place in Canada and the United States. All current meetings can be found on our website: http://www.chronicpainanonymous.org

A SPECIAL phone marathon will take place on Christmas Day, December 25, 2012. Here is the schedule for the day:

• The first meeting will begin at 1 PM EST to 2 PM EST. Fellowship to follow.

• Our regular Meeting is from 3 PM to 4 PM EST. Fellowship to follow

• Next meeting time will begin 5 PM to 6 PM EST. Fellowship to follow

• Last meeting time will begin 7 PM to 8 PM EST. Fellowship to follow

The number to call is (213) 342-3090 and the access code is 1952435. Please join us for one or all of the meetings! Hope to see you there!

Replies

• Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing this.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I think this is wonderful for USA but do you have anything for Europe?
  • swfloridagal
    Options
    You can check the website at chronicpainanonymous.org for any information you need.

I sometimes dial into the phone meetings and hear folks introduce themselves from other countries. in fact, I met a woman from Ireland and i'm in the US and we became quite good friends!

There is also an online group that has a topic and folks respond to the topic via email. Check out "Chronic pain anonymous" on the Google Groups website. Send a request to join the group and your in!

You can write me direct for more info at floridajan@gmail.com