Get Lucky 7k/Half-Marathon

Options
Any other fellow Minnesotans running the Get Lucky 7k/Half Marathon in March?

I am running the half and picked up my race packet today. I am so excited!

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I am running the Get Lucky Half Marathon!

I did not sign up in time for yesterdays pickup so I will be doing the Dec 31 pickup for that race and the Jan 1st Polar Dash 10k

I ran my first ever 5k yesterday and was happy with my result so it is time for longer distances!
  • jaimesoo
    jaimesoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I ran the Get Lucky in 2011 - it is still my PR Half Marathon to date. LOVED IT! I was pregnant this year but when they opened registration for 2013 the next week i signed up - figuring it would at least by my post-preggo goal. So here I am - DS is 6 months old and I am still struggling but my eye is on that Get Lucky. I too was busy this saturday so will be going to packet pickup on the 31st most likely. I looked up my bib and I registered so early i am #31! haha The half marathon distance is my favorite!!

I just got my 2013 Running Journal in the mail! I am SOOOO excited!!!!

fatman12lol - you will do great doing some shorter distances prior... are you following a training plan or just working it out on your own??
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    fatman12lol - you will do great doing some shorter distances prior... are you following a training plan or just working it out on your own??

I am brand new to running so I plan on following this plan to train for summer:
    http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51137/Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

I agree with you that some shorter races will help me as I progress so I will try to pick some more up between the Polar Dash on Jan 1st and the Get Lucky Half Marathon in March. I just have not decided which races yet...

I hope to set a goal this week for my Jan 1st Polar Dash 10k. If my first 5k last weekend was 27:23 does 60:00 seem like a reasonable goal for my first 10k on January 1st?

Thanks!
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    If I can get my *kitten* in gear to do the Polar Dash 5k, I'll do the Get Lucky 7k. We'll see though. Mind over matter, right?
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    If I can get my *kitten* in gear to do the Polar Dash 5k, I'll do the Get Lucky 7k. We'll see though. Mind over matter, right?

I know you can do it! If you need another incentive.... The free fleece that they are giving away with registration for the Polar Dash is pretty nice.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing the 7k with a friend & some others from my work running club. I did it last year, it's a blast! I'm doing the 2013 Monster Series so I'm also signing up for Polar Dash 10k, Minneapolis Duathlon, Women Rock 10k, & Monster Dash 5k-9. Looking forward to it!
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I wussed out on doing the Polar Dash, but I am doing this one dammit!
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Would love to, but a bit of a cold baby and March is still iffy on weather. Plan to do some running to get geared up for the summer though. Did my first 1/2 at the monster dash last year and a 10K at the women rock. Plan to do another race or two this summer.
  • widrakie
    widrakie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Last year it was in the 70's or so when I did the 7k of it! I would do it again, but they really messed up my registration and didn't get my hoody till JULY! And we registered too late so it was sooo expensive!
  • stubbysticks
    Options
    I registered for the Monster Series so I got my race packet & hoodie already. :bigsmile: Love it!!!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    Is March here yet? I am really excited for this race!

Did you notice anyone running this barefoot last year? If not there is a (currently small but increasingly likely) chance you might this year!
  • stubbysticks
    Options
    I didn't notice anyone running barefoot last year. Vibrams, lots of those. I wasn't really looking though.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am planning on it. Haven't actually gotten around to signing up yet, but it's in my plan
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Yup! Doing the 1/2 (or triple 7 if you really wanna get lucky)
  • krisiepoo
    Options
    I'll be doing the 7k with a friend & some others from my work running club. I did it last year, it's a blast! I'm doing the 2013 Monster Series so I'm also signing up for Polar Dash 10k, Minneapolis Duathlon, Women Rock 10k, & Monster Dash 5k-9. Looking forward to it!

I signed up for the series as well and will be doing the women's rock (1/2) and the monster dash (1/2) and the get lucky triple 7... I did the 5k-9 a couple years ago and it was tons of fun!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    I think the price goes up tomorrow. So register today!

http://www.getluckytc.org/register-now.html
  • widrakie
    widrakie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!! Hopefully it isn't TOO cold!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    Good luck everyone!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

ack!! I really wish we had last years weather! - oh well the free beer at the end will keep me motivated!
  • krisiepoo
    Options

ack!! I really wish we had last years weather! - oh well the free beer at the end will keep me motivated!

HA! I feel the same way... just hoping the roads are cleared from whatever crap falls today :/