Knee issues, diet

Options
So I'm having some knee issues doing any cardio, they seem quite sensitive which isn't normal, even with my normal activity. I think it may be nutrition related. Since going vegan I get very little calcium or vitamin D. Maybe I'm missing something else too. I try and eat healthy but I know I do not eat enough leafy greens. I try and have a small side salad here and there, but not enough and I really can't eat salad alot. I'm just not that kind of person. I don't have soymilk but maybe once a week, or calcium orange juice unless I have a smoothie (which I'm not having alot of since it's cold and I don't want cold breakfast). I really am just not a fan of eating greens. I can do kale chips, but eating it cooked or spinach, nope. Has anyone else had a similar issue since going vegan? I really can't think of what else could be going on. My shoes are fine, I'm not over doing it, ect..

Replies

• deb3690
    deb3690 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    oh yes...I would say I'm thinking about that same topic today as well....I did the math and the calcium levels just don't come up enough .....one possibility is that the goals may be set high....but my docs give me a hard time about it too! I decided to take a supplement....its pretty much the same thing as eating a food like orange juice "enriched" with calcium right? I would prefer to be getting all my calcium through natural diet...but that means a LOT of beans and soy in addition to dark greens...almost more than I can handle to eat.....so its a struggle!