Challenge for New Year

Options
Let's see if we can get it started here - What's it going to be ladies?:tongue:

Replies

• dovesfeet21
    Options
    Is everyone still on BLC? I have to say, there are some things I miss from the site, but tracking my food here has been a great help! But I have missed the support from you guys. So what's the plan?
  • karenrichartz
    karenrichartz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get a hold of some of the other ladies and get them to come here.
  • bluerose4765
    Options
    Sent a text to Celeste - just invited Kat to join our group. BLC still down til the 3rd. If we can get everyone over here, I like the way they redid this site & I think we can get things started here for FREE!
  • fatkat2fitkit
    fatkat2fitkit Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I am here! I've been on this site since I found out the BL site would be down until Jan. 3. I do like the BL site better, but will have to wait to see the changes to see if I still like it there. However, I plan to hang out here, too, and am so glad I finally found some of our old group. Tried to find you, Blue, because I knew you'd already been here before the BL site went down, but wasn't able to. I used my same username from BL so I could be found by anyone from there. Really glad I did! I'm ready to get started!

fatkat2fitkit :happy:
  • dovesfeet21
    Options
    What happened with BLC? They just shut down he site till the 3rd? I am glad to see they are going to make changes, they desperately needed to put some effort into maintaining the site if they want to keep people around.
  • bluerose4765
    Options
    Updating to keep pace with the new show. So, should we start the new year off with a challenge?
  • fatkat2fitkit
    Options
    Blue, it works for me. I've still been struggling with my weight and eating, but have managed to lose back some of what I gained. Now it's working on going down more to get back to my last lowest weight recorded on BL.

I am also hoping the renovated BL site hasn't really changed too much for the features I liked. Ideally, it would be great to have the best features of both sites melded into one site, but that's not going to happen.

• Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Kinda bummed about any challenges that require exercise. Back on Sept 1st, I ended up in the ER with muscle cramps in my torso, legs, feet and even my throat!! I used up all the magnesium in my body and messed up my body. So now I'm on 1600 mgs of magnesium daily to try to live without cramping. Dr says he doesn't know if this will go back to normal or not. But for now, I can't exercise or do anything strenuous. I clean my house and cramp, I cook supper and cramp....sheesh!!! But I CAN eat healthy!!! Karen and Blue, thanks for inviting me!!!!! I missed you all soooooooo much!!!! Does anyone mind if I invite a friend of mine?
  • bluerose4765
    Options
    The more the merrier Beth. How about a simple challenge to start the new year? In keeping with Beth's magnesium issue, we could do the alphabet challenge again (especially since that's what we were in the middle of when BLC went down)
  • Godsgirl42
    Options
    That sounds good to me Blue!! Wasn't the alphabet one where we have to eat a fruit or veggie for each letter? Are we starting today?
  • fatkat2fitkit
    Options
    Sounds good to me! And, yes, Beth, it's eating foods that start with each letter of the alphabet. It can be other things than fruits and veggies such as meats, too.

• Godsgirl42
    Options
    Thanks Fitkit!! And happy new year to everyone!!!!!!!!
  • bluerose4765
    Options
    A - avocado
    B - black beans
    C - chicken
    D
    E
    F - fiber one cereal
    G - grapefruit juice
    H
    I - ice cream (fat free)
    J
    K
    L
    M - mozzerella cheese
    N
    O - onions
    P - pico de gallo
    Q
    R - rice
    S - sausage
    T - tuna
    U
    V
    W - waffle (cone)
    X
    Y - yogurt (greek)
    Z
  • karenrichartz
    karenrichartz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I am having a hard time getting used to the food diary, I like BL where it shows my sodium and carbs and not just calories. I am going to try out the new site and see if it is better when it is up tomorrow. Blue did you call and see if they would change it for you to 19.99 a month?
  • bluerose4765
    Options
    didn't get a chance to call yet. Going to check out the new site, but also going to stay here until I see what is up :-) Tried getting on this morning, no go yet.
  • fatkat2fitkit
    Options
    Just got back on BLC site. Found Karen, but don't know if anyone else is still there. Not sure I like the changes at all...But I've only just peeked in so far.

• bluerose4765
    Options
    So far I spent 20 minutes on the "improved" site updating my profile - it didn't save any of the changes. Attempted to log my breakfast, again, wouldn't accept any of the changes. Told me I had added stuff, but every time I went to close, it locked up. When I went back into the site, NONE of the changes (food or profile) were there. It won't give me a calorie budget. NOT AT ALL HAPPY. Calling today to cancel before they charge me another $60. So much for the improvements.
  • bluerose4765
    Options
    Karen - you can go into settings here & pick what you want it to track. My food log tracks the same as it did in BLC - calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber, and fat
  • fatkat2fitkit
    Options
    Blue, thanks for the info for tracking more than what is given here. Still haven't gotten used to being here. BL site is still a "mystery" as well since I've had so many people at my house for the holidays. I go back to work Monday, so I'll not have the company and can focus a bit more on navigating both BL and MFP sites.

• fatkat2fitkit
    Options
    Finally got a bit of time yesterday to "play" with BL site. Not a happy camper at all! This site seems easier to navigate for food tracking. And forget about putting up a pic. The one I have here wouldn't go there at all. Even when I cropped it, it still was too big. So little is left of the old site, it's like starting over. And I had a lot of things I didn't need to lose...