Introduce yourself ! =)

Options
meaghan2008
meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
Yay it's time for the world to know who we are! lol -- im a little too pumped for this group!

But let me introduce myself!

Hola everyone! My name is Meaghan and I am from the lovely state of North Carolina! I am 22 years young and as of May 2013 , I will be a college graduate & licensed elementary ed teacher w/ a speciality in espanol ! Kids are my passion! I got serious about my weight loss in July of 2012, when I was 242 lbs. With the least to say, I was serious about it but not dedicated. I tried so many fad diets, I lost weight but then just gained it all back, & then I paid for stuff , and didnt even use it ! SO I was like " Meaghan, we have to buckle down and get serious!"

Which brought me to this lovely site! =) I recommited myself back to MFP a couple of weeks ago and have loved every bit of it ever since! I have roughly about 100 + lbs to lose according to my little 5'1 snooki-sized frame! lol & with the motivation and support I can do it with you guys! =)

All my life, I was very very active & competitive ! But being in a household of dominicans and good ole southern food, weight was easily gained on! I'm telling you folks, I could not but the fork down with all off that yummy food! Oh no wait, I could but I picked it up again going on to my 2nd, 3rd, sometimes 4th plate! But not anymore 2013 will be my last fat days ! =)

So tell me alittle about yourself? ;)

Replies

• hprchlik1
    Options
    Hi Meaghan! My name is Holly and I am going to lose 60 lbs this year with help from this site and people like you! I have gained this weight over the last 9 years and have not been able to get it under control for some reason. I have always had some weight issues but have always been able to "rein" myself in so to speak. I am re-dedicating myself to ME! I am looking forward to feeling better and looking better in the upcoming months and plan to continue this journey forever! Looking forward to reading your posts and taking on challenges!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I am Sherry, 41, in Virginia. I have two girls, live with my sis and my nephew and am SO close to ONEderland, I can smell it-just can't haven't gotten there yet!

I went over 200 when I got pregnant with my oldest daughter, and she just turned 18 yesterday...way too long!!

I am an Admin Assistant in Sales in a small rubber/plastics manufacturing plant-desk job, but I'm not tied to it all day.

Bring on the challenges!! :flowerforyou:
  • QueenElka
    QueenElka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Meaghan! Hi Holly! Hi Sherry! My name is Claudia. I am 21 years old. I'm form Ghana, West Africa. I lived in Texas for a while, actually for a little of middle school and all of high school. I've been overweight for most of my life. I evened out a bit during high school but packed on the pounds right before college. I'm looking to get rid of about 80+ pounds so as to be a healthy weight for my 5' 4 inch frame. I've set an initial goal of loosing about 42 lbs and when i reach that goal, I'll go some more. Funny enough, I'm a nutrition and food science major so I know how important it is to eat right and healthy (picked my major my junior year) I want to make this change because I deserve it and my body deserves it! I need to be healthy to live long. I don't want to be the "fat friend" anymore!!!! Hopefully by the end of 2013, I would have achieved my goal.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Hi, Meaghan, Holly and Claudia!! Holly, glad to see I'm not the only "older" one in the group so far! And cute kitties in your profile pic! Can't wait to get to know all of you!!
  • jksheppie
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Jennifer, I am 26 years old, and live in Ohio. I work in an office environment and sit at a desk 40 hours a week. I have always packed a few extra pounds, but when I was pregnant with my now 3 year old son I gained an extra 80 pounds. Needless to say I have not lost any of that weight. Now that my son is getting older I am finding it more and more difficult to keep up with him without becoming completely exhausted.

My goal is to lose 80 pounds by the end of 2013. I have been working out in the mornings and have a great work out buddy. We keep each other motivated when the other wants to quit (which is just about every morning). I am excited to accept all of your challenges and to work together with all of you on our common goal of feeling better mentally and physically :)
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am Donna from Australia - I am 54 years old and need to lose another 75 lbs or 30 kg. I am looking for challenges to help me stay motivated.
  • LindsayinCanada
    Options
    Hi, I am Lindsay.
    I am a 30 year old, married, stay at home mom to three little ones ages 6, 4 and 2. I was pregnant or breastfeeding for about 6 years straight so I always felt that I was eating for two.... but not anymore so it is time to learn to eat for one! I would really like to lose 20 pounds at least. I am at 176 right now, which is the heaviest that I have ever been.
  • neworleanslady1
    neworleanslady1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Connie and it looks like I am the oldest at the moment. 57 years old with about 20-25 more lbs to lose. I started with over 50 to lose, but lost about 20 with weight watchers. I think the challenges will be great motivation!:smile:
  • 3kidsinpa
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Sherry and I am 45 living in PA with 3 kids. I have about 90 lbs to lose that I have gained over the last 10 years after having my last two kids.

I need to get back to the person that I was before....happy, healthy and feeling great! I look forward to taking this journey with you all.

Sherry
  • alexismobley
    alexismobley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Alexis :)
    I've struggled with my weight for awhile now, and I'm ready to kick up my healthy lifestyle in to full gear and prove everyone that I can actually do it without giving up and quitting. I'm trying to lose fat, increase muscle, and gain confidence.
  • marsh70
    marsh70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...I am Kayon, 42 and an elementary school teacher. I have just recommitted myself to MFP. I joined last year during my Master's and quickly realized I did not have the amount of time I needed to commit. I deleted my account and rejoined now that I am finished. I would love to lose at least 15-20 lbs this coming year. I am very supportive and committed to making this a long term goal.
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    you guys are so wonderful I'm so excited!! = )
  • brittrussell08
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Brittany and I'm 22. I am 5'1 and I weigh 124. I want to lose about 12 more lbs. I want to lose my belly and be able to wear a bikini this summer! I completely agree with what Alexis said - "I'm ready to kick up my healthy lifestyle in to full gear and prove everyone that I can actually do it without giving up and quitting. I'm trying to lose fat, increase muscle, and gain confidence." =)
  • candybrooks51
    Options
    Hi everone!
    I just joined this site at the recommendation of a nutrionist. I've been fighting a losing battle of the bulge for too long. I've won a few skirmishes but I'm losing the war:-( If I hope to maintain/improve my quality of life I have to get victory over this NOW!!! I'll be 62 next week. I live in Florida and I'm a case manager working with at risk kids. I love motorcycling and miss scuba diving. If I hope to continue with these activities I need to get into shape. I don't keep up with the grandkids as well as I used to either. Exercise and healthy eating along with good sleep habits will help me accomplish these. I need to lose 80-100 pounds. With God's help, this website and a renewed determination I may just finally win this war. Thank you for presenting these challenges which will keep this journey fresh and even more encourage better choices. I accept the daily water challenge and will join in the weekly challenge of limiting eating after dinner. I will challenge myself to avoid after dinner eating 4 of 7 nights this week. Thanks for creating this group. It's my first attempt at joining an e-group for support. Hopefully I'll be here for you as you'll be there for me::love
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tatanisha aka Tat. I'm 36y/o single person with no children just a bunny rabbit who thinks he is my baby lol. I want to lose 30lbs and I'm very simple. I love God and I love life.
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi there, My name is Melody and I am one of the "older ones" around here. I have been working on my fitness and balanced lifestyle for a bit and feeling strong renewed motivation. My weight has gone down very slowly over two years, but for the most part it goes down. I have a lot of plateaus, but they seem to be part of getting stabilized in new eating and exercise patterns. Now I want to push to get 20-25 more pounds off. I just started the 30 Day Shred and actually lost a pound over Christmas so YAY! Thanks for starting this group. I am looking forward to support and inspiration.
  • mommabunz
    mommabunz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Lara and i'm a 29 year old mother of 2. I've always been active until i moved out on my own and had to cook fast meals on a limited budget. THe budget bit into my funds and the work took a bit out of my outdoor time. Needless to say 5 years of marriage and 2 kids, and a dog later, I am about 30 pounds heavier than i want to be! It's going to be a struggle as my husband is overweight as well and not as motivated (i dont think) as I am. HOpefully I can get him to jump on the bandwagon too!
    I've got 2 beautiful girls ( 2 1/2 years and 7 weeks old) as motivation! Glad to be here!
  • SpanksNotSpanx
    SpanksNotSpanx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone!

My name is Courtney and I am a 23 year old single mama with a 10 month old! I had great success on MFP last year but when my life took a sharp turn for the worst I packed on the pounds eating emotionally and opting for comfort convenience foods. I don't have a definite end weight goal or date, but I do have a "healthy" goal!
    Although I am here to lose the weight, this next year I am going to be more focused on learning to prioritize my life to include healthy choices and then do them as second nature! I need to learn to make time for sleep, water, cooking healthier meals, and exercising!
    I want my daughter to grow up thinking that these are things that EVERY person just automatically does! And maybe after I heal myself, I will take another shot at love. Until then :) It's "Me" time, focusing on a healthier Meeeeee!!
  • pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Christine and I am a college student in Virginia. I'm 5'10" and 240 lbs. right now but I'd like to lose some of that (obviously lol). I am hoping to lose about 40 pounds by the time my graduation rolls around in May. *fingers crossed* Good luck everyone! :)
  • sarrymerry
    sarrymerry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Sarah and I am 32 years old and single. I decided last year to change professions so I moved across the country to go to Ohio University (where I can live with family on the cheap) and am a pre-physical therapy student. It's highly competitive to get into grad school so I am extremely focused on my studies. That's my number one goal these days but I am trying very hard to also keep focused on losing weight. I have been doing good so far (lost forty pounds since August!), in part because my life is very simple these days. All I do is study, count calories, workout, and sleep. :)

I have fifty more pounds to lose, with a goal weight of 130 lbs on my 5'3" frame. I am loving this group because I think that these little victories will help me on days I feel discouraged thinking of the long road ahead still. Love that we have a range of ages and goals on here, lots of variety of insight! I love reading what other people are up to, helps give me all sorts of ideas!