Hey all!

Options
merapp9
merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
I did the first stage of this diet in the summer and it worked...helped me keep focus on something...I'm glad to find this group! Let's add more people!!! :):)

Replies

• Lamackie
    Lamackie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined MFP and I did the first stage of the 17 day last year with great results.
    I am thrilled that I can do it and track using MFP I look forward to connecting with others doing the same
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    I did stage 1 and stage 2 last year with great results. I basically used stage 1 and 2 to kick start weight loss and to give me incentive to get back on track again. I do not recommend long term weight loss with just 17 day diet but it is excellent to with helping me get the weight loss results I need to see on scale to get me motivated and keep me motivated. Good luck everyone!!!
  • China37
    China37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just joined the 17 Day Diet group...I'm somewhat naïve, how to you stay in touch with the group.
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP had notifications for groups. I would say keep checking back at this group once a week. I'll try and get on and post on it. :)
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    hi can someone post info on it
  • China37
    Options
    Thanks merapp
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    We did this last year right after the 1st, did the first 3 plans and had very good success. That was until the summer came and beer season started, which put a big snag on it. It does work if you stick to it and if you can get by the first 17 day's you should be well on your way. Planning on starting again this coming wednesday and maybe a group like this is what I need to complete the journey.
    Good luck all
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just cleaned the fridge and bought groceries to start phase 1 today... :wink:
  • shell1725
    Options
    Bought this book a while back and never opened it. When I saw this group, I joined and then went to find where the heck I put the book. Wasn't hard to find with that bright pink cover! Will start reading tonight and create a grocery list. As I am a red meat eater, it's going to take all the willpower I can muster to eat only fish and poultry for 17 days. Will be here often for support to make it through the first phase. New member to MFP and new to try the 17 day eating plan (I hate the word "diet".)
  • China37
    Options
    Well today is the first day of Phase 1....I'm ready. Just going to bed so I won't start until later. Godspeed everyone:wink:
  • willy0524
    Options
    Are we all hanging in there?????
  • Lamackie
    Options
    I am Willy ( love your t shirt). I started on the 2nd so I am only 2days in. I am feeling pretty motivated and have done some cooking and shopping to satisfy my need for good food. I find using MVP to track keeps me honest. At the moment I am not missing the carbs. Hope things are going well for you and the rest of the group.
  • willy0524
    Options
    MFP really does help especially with the tracking of the food and the people that you don't know that you get support from. Hang in there for those first 17 days, after that it really does get easier. :flowerforyou:
  • Lamackie
    Options
    Went snow shoeing today with my husband and it was great. What an energy boost. Day 13 so far so good
  • forbesgal
    Options
    I am on day 12 of the first cycle. I have followed it 95% to the letter --I do have steamed skim milk with my green tea sometimes!

I am sorry if this is too much information for anyone but I am having trouble with my digestive system. I am having very few bowel movements and those that I do have are very small. Maybe this is normal because I am eating so much less than I normally do. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know if it improves on the second cycle? Thanks!