Any ladies in their 40s?

Options
firedragon064
firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
I'm 48F. When I switched to become a vegetarian 4 months again. I stopped have my period for 2 months
then i read that being vegetarian may cause early menopause so I start to eat meat about 2 meals a week
and my period come back for 2 months now. I don't know if it was a vegetarian thing or it's just pre-menopause?
I'll plan to do full time vegetarian again to see if I have this problem again.

Replies

• micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 48F. I will be 49 in Feb. I started eating a Vegan diet in November. My periods have not changed yet. I do not know if it's because I am so new to this Vegan way of eating.

My friend recommended a book, What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause.

I have not read it yet, but I plan to one day, hopefully soon!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Micneg01,
    Yes, it's too early for you to tell. I'll check out that book to see if anything I should know.
  • britstrrr
    britstrrr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Have you gone to your doctor and had blood work done? I think that would be much too short of a time on the diet for any major bodily changes like early menopause to set in. Could be a sign of countless other things that may or may not be related to the diet (e.g., increased soy, decreased or increased dairy, decreased calories, who knows what else -I'm not a doctor).
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of that...and I had no issues of the sort (i am 42 now) My guess would be that its the start of menopause, I know my mother went several years where she would have regular periods for a month or 2 then skip a few then have it again...it can cause you to be very irregular as your body changes