Liz's PSA about Pregnancy Weight

Options
VelociMama
VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
Do NOT let yourself get stressed about your weight gain. Seriously. STOP IT. The health of your baby and pregnancy is not defined by that number on the scale. This is especially directed at you ladies in your first trimester who haven't quite come to terms with the scale moving up every doctor's visit.

I keep seeing you beautiful amazing moms-to-be getting upset over a weight gain of a few lbs more than you wanted to gain. Set all the goals you want, but sometimes our bodies are just going to do what they need to do to get that baby to grow. This is okay.

Instead of focusing on the scale, focus on the quality and calorie content of the food you're eating, how active you can be, and making sure you are relaxed and enjoying this time before your new arrival makes his/her appearance. Stressing about your weight gain will do nothing but make things harder on you, your baby, and your family.

If you're having trouble getting control over your eating, set some weekly or daily goals for nutrition and exercise and work on hitting those goals every day. Take small steps until you get where you need to be. Do not give up even when you screw up!

:heart: to you all.

P.S. Stop comparing yourself to other women too, pregnant or not. We are all different in the way we carry our babies and how we gain weight or lose it and where. Focus on YOU.

Replies

• TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    WORD! Amen to that sister :-)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    WORD! Amen to that sister :-)
    ^I second that emotion.
  • 2204givme
    Options
    insperational . :) made me feel a bit better today
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Best post ever! Well said, Liz :smile:
  • AmbieSweetz
    AmbieSweetz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks Liz! Very inspiring to us Mamas! :)
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • TahleelDreamy
    TahleelDreamy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I needed this! Thank you!!!
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I needed this today. I have been stressing over the numbers going up for the past 4.5 months. It's hard seeing them going up when I have been working so hard to get them to go down. I'm just trying to eat healthy and give into my cravings once and awhile. I've lost the weight once, I can lose it again.
  • Jen8np
    Jen8np Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank u for this!!! I am a first time prego and I am first trimester and I am totally freaking out about gaining. I know i need to chill and to hear it from someone who has been there really helps :)
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Great PSA!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    BUMP :heart:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    With my first two pregnancies, once I reached a certain point, I asked the doctor not to even show me or talk to me about my weight gain. It was really messing with me and causing a lot of anxiety. He agreed not to tell me anymore. I haven't reached that point with this pregnancy, maybe I have resolved enough of my food relationship issues. Just remember, it is an option if you start thinking about eating unhealthily because of your weight gain to just not know what it is.