Looking at your ring for motivation :)

Options
I was on the treadmill last night and I REALLY didn't want to run. I was dragging my feet and was just feeling blah. Then I looked down at the shiny sparkly diamond on my finger and it reminded me that I want to get into my goal wedding dress and look beautiful and feel beautiful :) Then I completed my run and felt better after! Yay!

Does anyone else find themselves doing this?

Replies

• oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Kind of....My motivation is usually the Honeymoon...I want to look hot in bed and on the beaches :-)
  • astepbysteph
    astepbysteph Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I try to picture the dress I want to fit into as motivation! I was contemplating getting a picture of the style I want to bring to the gym with me.
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have TOTALLY caught myself doing this :)
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    ugh, i just stare at my ring basically all the time no matter what. went swimming yesterday and the water made it super super sparkly and i couldn't STOP STARING.

tumblr_mge6x6ak5D1rre76io1_1280.jpg

it's so pretty
  • Alidarmags
    Alidarmags Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I def. do. Come on brides! We all are able to look the way we want for our weddings if we stick too it. (Anyone feel free to add me, my food journal is open to the public)
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Saw this post before hitting the gym at lunchtime and found myself using it to get through a particularly wicked part of my bootcamp class. Thanks for posting this. I am DEFINITELY using it to get through that next week!
  • lookinglasslass
    lookinglasslass Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    excellent idea for motivation!
    I have to admit I have been slacking off from the gym, off there today tho so I am def going to be using this tip, love looking at my shiney diamonds all the time anyway!
    :happy:
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Looking at my ring reminds me that losing weight isn't just for me. I want to be healthy and live a good life with my fiance.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to fit in the dress that is hanging in my closet.
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes I look down at my hand all the time and smile and think to myself your my motivation.. I got this I need this...
  • lavelle1279
    Options
    I totally agree with you lol!!!
  • MissItalianPrincess
    Options
    Yes, so many things for motivation, but every time I look and admire my ring, I start thinking about how much money we are spending on the photographer and knowing that I will be having professional pictures done not only for the wedding but also for the engagement (NEXT WEEK AHHHH!), that is definitely motivation enough for me! I'm highly critical of myself in pictures (a terrible trait, I know- I want to move away from it. :-), so being photographed from every angle in pictured that I will have for the rest of my life is motivation plenty for me, heheh.
  • MissItalianPrincess
    Options
    Looking at my ring reminds me that losing weight isn't just for me. I want to be healthy and live a good life with my fiance.

I so couldn't agree more! :-)
  • mary_brock
    mary_brock Posts: 7
    Options

I so couldn't agree more! :-)

Me, too! I have found myself picturing my wedding dress to get through my workouts and staring at my ring to inspire myself to resist snacking. I want to do this for my fiance as well as my future kids. How can I tell them to eat right and exercise unless I set the example?
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yes completely! I even chose a picture of my ring as my profile photo here on MFP to keep me motivated to log my food each day!
  • jessiebritt
    jessiebritt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ugh, i just stare at my ring basically all the time no matter what. went swimming yesterday and the water made it super super sparkly and i couldn't STOP STARING.

tumblr_mge6x6ak5D1rre76io1_1280.jpg

it's so pretty

This ring is STUNNING!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My ring is still just a diamond at the moment! Great idea though :-)
  • BeeRodMul
    BeeRodMul Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do that every time I work out! Not because it's beautiful but it's a step closer to a long future with him.

1014069_10200493603601677_1712884686_n.jpg
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I do that every time I work out! Not because it's beautiful but it's a step closer to a long future with him.

Awww x
  • meganwnek
    meganwnek Posts: 6
    Options
    i'm so nervous about my ring i havent worn it while working out yet... but i definately look at it before i eat something i'm not supposed to !!... and pretty much every other minute of the day... :smile: