Need tips!

Options
New to phentermine, Just started taking it 4 days ago and I have lost 4 lobs but I'm afraid it won't last long. I'm only eating like 700 calories a day and not on purpose I only eat one meal a day (supper/dinner) because I'm so busy during the day. My question is will this hurt me or help me?

Replies

• texaschick43
    texaschick43 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Honestly...it will hurt you. While you are taking the pills and they are taking away your appetite...learn the right way to eat. One meal a day is not enough and 700 calories will only send your body into starvation mode and slow your metabolism. You will have to make yourself eat...but as the effectiveness of the pill starts to wear (and it will eventually) you will have trained yourself on good eating habits. I'm on Phen as well...add me if you want. Good Luck!!
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Candiie.

I have to agree with TexasChick43 that 700 calories is probably too low. From what I have read from others, and from my discussions with my doctor, most people who are taking phentermine should be eating at least 1200 calories per day. I have been on them since July 3rd and, until about Thanksgiving when I started having recurring sinus infections (stupid Southern Indiana weather!) I was getting between 1225 to 1300 calories almost every day. I was also exercising quite a bit. Since July 3rd, I have gone from about 274 to 210, so doing it as my dr prescribed is definitely working for me.

I do think, though, that eating oly 700 calories a day is likely to land you in the hospital as I can't imagine getting the proper nutrients from so little calories. This is best to discuss with our doctor, but no matter how busy you are, you have to make time for yourself. You can always throw an apple or banana in your purse and eat it in the car or between meetings or whatever your life throws at you.

From my understanding, in a couple of weeks, you will start to feel hungry again. Currently, if I don't eat until lunch, I definitely can tell it. The phentermine takes the edge off my hunger, but it no longer takes it away...that is pretty short-term for most of us. I feel that phentermine takes enoughof the edge off so that I can control my hunger instead of it controlling me.

I hope this info helped. Feel free to add me and/or ask anything that might help. I know this journey is long and can seem impossible, but it is SO worth it! I can't believe how much better I feel now than I did just a few months ago.

Good luck on your journey!