Reward Chart

Options
Are any of you going to be making up a reward chart for your "milestones"? I thought about this last night and think its a great idea! I have never done this before so I think this is something I plan to try! I think I am going to do small things every 5lbs, and on the bigger milestones do some things that are a bit more expensive like jewelry :) Like a girl needs an excuse for jewelry hehe. I am still trying to figure out what I want my end goal reward to be I thought about maybe buying a new car already have one in mind :-) but need to talk to the hubby about this. We have already talked about getting a new car so it shouldn't be a big surprise!

So do you plan to make a chart? If so Have you thought about your end goal reward?

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I actually have one on the front page of my journal. It has spa day's, a HRM, new walking shoes, a window shopping day for daughter and I, new clothes valued at $$, etc. Not all are monetary as we homestead so money is tight, not all of them are major some just minor things, but NONE involve food, as rewarding myself with food helped get me here.
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Obviously there are things I'm already looking forward to (like new clothes), but I'll have to think about a reward chart. Love Alliwan's non-monetary rewards, too.
  • heathercofflin
    Options
    I had thought about it but never really put it into place. Great ideas! I think I will try it to keep my goals in the front of my mind!
  • nicolem1008
    Options
    I think this is an awesome idea. I am going to work on a chart but I am thinking that a spa day, a weekend getaway, clothes things like that and also some smaller less expensive things as well.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    this is a good idea, i feel 99% of mine will be nail varnish related... :D have a few things iv had my eye on, and lots of points saved up :) x
  • BeachSandGal
    Options
    I completed my goal list on Monday just in time for the new year! :-) It's amazing how such a simple thing can motivate you to do better!

How is everyone doing on their charts?
  • Daysha2013
    Options
    I think for every 5lbs I would 1. Carry a bag of 5lb potatoes or flour to show how much I was carrying around on my body.
    2. Just enjoy my weightloss!
  • scpeach04
    scpeach04 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do not have rewards chart, but I make goals in terms of overall time line when I'd like to lose weight. They are generally holiday/birthday related. Have a date in mind versus an item makes it more tangible and real for me.
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think for every 5lbs I would 1. Carry a bag of 5lb potatoes or flour to show how much I was carrying around on my body.

I really LOVE the idea of carrying the bag of potatoes around! Sometimes I feel like 5 lbs doesn't seem like much, but I'm pretty sure carrying it around would definitely change my mind!
  • lorifulton89
    lorifulton89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is my reward chart...it probably seems pretty boring...but I love to get manicures, pedicures and my hair done...so this works great for me. Also...my favorite pastime is buying clothes.

Lost---Weight-Reward
    010----234
    Get my nails done***COMPLETE
    020----224
    Get my hair trimmed and colored
    030----214
    Get my nails done (have a fancy design painted on them) & (Order my cap and gown for Graduation)
    040----204
    Get my hair colored & buy 2 new outfits for graduation weekend
    050----194
    Get a mani/pedi & gather all of my ill-fitting clothes and trade them in at local resale shop for clothes that fit
    060----184
    Get my hair trimmed and colored
    070----174
    Get my nails done
    080----164
    Get my hair done and get a perm
    090----154
    Get my nails done and get a pedicure
    100----144
    Get my hair trimmed and colored, take clothes that do not fit into resale shop and trade for new ones.
    110----134
    Get my nails done and get a pedicure
    120----124
    Get my hair done
    130----114 Go on a $600 shopping spree for clothes