Need new running friends

Options
I have just started running for a month. I want to try the couch to 5 K plan. Anyone tried it?

Replies

• honey1017
    honey1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I tried it but I didn't officially complete it.
    I was so encouraged after a short period of time I abandoned the program and began to run my own program.

However, there are plenty of success stories about the program. Give it a whirl and I am optimtic that you will do just fine.
  • Inthamaking
    Inthamaking Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to run for some time but I really have no clue as to how to get started. I am overweight but I have been told that even overweight people can run and it helps you melt off the pounds.

Can anyone tell me how they got started?
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Start with walk/ runs... I run as long as I can then when fatigued I speed walk for a min then start running again. I never did couch to 5k but it is the same principle just with specific instruction/guidelines. I also did the treadmill and elliptical to help build endurance. I'm getting back to running again. I used to run a lot. I was always more of a sprinter than distance runner. Any goal starts with a first step
  • Inthamaking
    Inthamaking Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks DrAJ84 for the info.

I love being outside for my walks but it's cold in Ohio right now so I will start with what you suggested, using the treadmill and elliptical at the gym to build endurance. I will start some running/walking drills on the treadmill and hopefully by the time spring comes, I can take my runs outside!
  • monicadaniel1829
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm looking for a group
  • gatorx
    gatorx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

I highly recommend the C25K and Walk to Run programs - that's how I got my start running 2 years ago!
  • runningindigo
    runningindigo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I finished it in March 2013!! I liked it very much!! I used the active.com couch to 5k app....it helped a bunch!!! I'm about to start the 5k to 10k either Saturday or Sunday!!! Good luck to you!! Feel free to add me if you'd like!! Have a good evening!! :-)