Welcome!

Options
Welcome to the group. :) Please do feel free to share a little bit about yourself, and get to know any other members of the group!

Replies

• soph101601
    Options
    Well I've been diagnosed BPD for around... 18 months now? But no one told me until about a month ago about my diagnosis. Everyone knew but me... I wish someone would have told me. In the last 14 months I've been in the hospital 9 times and attempted suicide 2x. I have EDNOS, purging sub-type.

My goals are changing all the time because of my BPD, but right now I really want to head a company that does commercial space habitation and travel.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I was Diagnosed BPD after my second suicide attempt.

I am in the sub-types of Discouraged borderline and Self-destructive borderline.

My goals are always changing. But i grab stable when I can.
  • lhulewsky
    Options
    Thanks for the invitation to the new group. I've been diagnosed for about a decade. This past year was hard for me. I'm hoping for a brighter 2013. Feel free to friend me if you want. I try to be supportive and encouraging...
  • growingsmaller3
    growingsmaller3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll talk a bit about myself as well. :) I was diagnosed with BPD 3 years ago, when I was 18, and seeking out answers. I've been showing symptoms of the disorder since at least age 13, so when I could seek out counseling on campus without my parents getting involved, I did.

Thus far, I've been in a few therapists office as a moody teenager, and i went though about 2 years of psychodynamic, object-relationist therapy on campus. I completed 3 months in a DBT program (which helped so much), which I had to leave due to financial circumstances. I am hopefully getting an interview in a week or two to return, if I can.

I have also found a lot of relief, in structure, supplementation (vitamins/whatnot), and exercise. :)
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    Thank you for inviting me to the group ^_^
    I have been suffering from depression and anxiety since I was about 13 and after erratic behaviour which landed me in the A&E department at the hospital late last year, I was diagnosed with BPD. I am currently on anti-depressants and am on the waiting list for treatment.
  • QuirkzforDayz
    QuirkzforDayz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll talk a bit about myself as well. :) I was diagnosed with BPD 3 years ago, when I was 18, and seeking out answers. I've been showing symptoms of the disorder since at least age 13, so when I could seek out counseling on campus without my parents getting involved, I did.

Thus far, I've been in a few therapists office as a moody teenager, and i went though about 2 years of psychodynamic, object-relationist therapy on campus. I completed 3 months in a DBT program (which helped so much), which I had to leave due to financial circumstances. I am hopefully getting an interview in a week or two to return, if I can.

I have also found a lot of relief, in structure, supplementation (vitamins/whatnot), and exercise. :)

Exercise and supplementation helps me to manage my BPD a lot as well.