Day 20 - Want to quit for first time

Options
Today, in fact the past few days, have been really hard. I did Kenpo X today for only 20 minutes before just scrapping it. I'm emotional and exhausted and I just want to quit. This is the first time I have wanted to quit - quit the nutrition plan, quit the working out, just QUIT. I decided to stop the workout today and take my day of rest tomorrow, plan some meals for next week, and get my head in the right place. Any suggestions for powering through the "I want to quit" phase?

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Get enough sleep, drink enough water and up your carbs....especially if you're following the fat shredder diet phase. I was bonking trying to follow those ratios and did much better when I switched to 40/30/30 (c/p/f). If you're having a particularly bad day, just do half the workout. You still get 80% of the benefits. Take the day off, eat a high carb meal, and I'll bet your enthusiasm will be renewed come Monday.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Suck it up. You have a schedule, follow it. Do not let yourself think about it. While the workout is happening, no thinking, just doing. And make sure you are eating enough, especially protien, getting rest, and taking care of yourself in other areas of your life too.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    If you are happy with your body in it's current condition and level of fitness, then by all means quit, no point in doing something hard for nothing. If you are not happy then that is your motivation right there, whenever you feel like quitting look down and remember that results require work.

I quit my first day cause I couldn't do a single pull up but I collected myself and was able to get my head focused on why doing something and hitting play is better than sitting there and doing nothing.
  • Kimberly_Sophianna
    Kimberly_Sophianna Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Get enough sleep, drink enough water and up your carbs....especially if you're following the fat shredder diet phase. I was bonking trying to follow those ratios and did much better when I switched to 40/30/30 (c/p/f). If you're having a particularly bad day, just do half the workout. You still get 80% of the benefits. Take the day off, eat a high carb meal, and I'll bet your enthusiasm will be renewed come Monday.

Thank you. I appreciate this advice.
  • trfoxcpa
    trfoxcpa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've only been doing Insanity for about a week and a half (started 12/31/2012) and I'll be honest, each morning for about 40 minutes I ask myself over and over ... "What the heck was I thinking?!?". I went from pushing a pencil to trying to keep up with these guys? I'm NUTS!!
    Each day I just want to quick and go back to bed. I don't though! I found my NEED, not a want but a "need". I NEED to get in better shape for my family. I push play each moring for my little guy cause I love him! Every time I want to hit stop (not pause, stop) I ask myself what kind of example I'm I going to set for my 5 year old boy. That it's ok to quick when things are hard or I just don't want to do the work? So I hit the pause for 1 minute (Not 10) when I've given it my all and I can't possible do more, I catch my breath, check my HRM to see that it is gone down slightly ... and then push play. This is NOT easy.

For 2013 I made only one resolution: Make Progress, Not Excuses.

I had found a great web site from one of the Beachbody coach's which I have found very helpful. I'd LOVE to come up with any reason to NOT roll out of bed at 5:30 but coach Wayne took that away from me. ( http://teamripped.com/excuse-zone )

Ya have to find your NEED. If you don't have a strong enough need to do this, will power alone is tough! I hope you find you're need and you push though ... sounds like your just going thought a rough spot .... just don't give up!!

Good luck!!
    Tom
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Imagine how that bikini can look by summer girl, don't give up.
  • avinalaff123
    avinalaff123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ^ As well as what they all said, definitely don't beat yourself up for feeling the way you do, or for stopping your workout early - it's all good. You'll have your rest day tomorrow, spend some time getting your head together and then you'll be back on it with your current feelings being a dim and distant memory.

I know this because I (and I think WE ALL) go through this from time to time - I think it's important to understand that this process that you have embarked on is a long term life change that will reap small rewards each day which will all add up to massive changes in the way you look and feel in the long term.

Best of luck :-)

Phill