Sugar Detox

Options
I have been eating Christmas cookies and candies and cakes and cupcakes and m&m's and candy canes .. for like a month!

Obviously .. joining this group I want to get back on track and start losing weight again. What I am finding is that I am craving sugar and more sugar. I am allowing myself to have 1 treat a day right now. But it isn't easy. I know this is only day 2 .. and I am hoping that the longer that I do this I will get to the point where I am not wanting sugar all the time.

Gah!

Replies

• GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I think you are going about it the right way! Sugar is like a drug and we do need to detox! Lol. Maybe add in some sugar free jello or pudding. I find that SLOWLY sucking on a Hershey Kiss is an AWESOME treat for 22 calories each kiss.... I usually have 5 a day so sweet treats throughout the day for only 100 calories! Sugar free hot cocoa or even sugar free soda are treats for me too.
  • neen6270
    neen6270 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love sugar and find eliminating it the hardest part of losing weight. If my calories allow, I have a Zone Perfect Protein Bar. They have 2 that are dark chocolate flavor and taste like dessert. They are 190 calories so not too bad for dessert cravings.
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a complete chocolate and candy a holic! I really need to get off this stuff....I even sneak it in the house because I told my hubby not to let me eat it and now I just find I'm hiding it from him. I plan on stopping cold turkey Jan 1...will that work??
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    The sugar free coco might be a good idea! I know that I can't go without anything, but I can't have dessert after every meal either.

Karebear .. if you can do it, sure. I have been reading some stuff online and they say that is the best way. The more you eat sweets the more you want them. I might try and do couple days a week with no sweets. I just don't want to deny myself and then binge on them!

I just need to cut out the junk!
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I buy the sugar free candy - and have 3-5 a week or so. http://www.russellstover.com/ Also the reeses peanut butter ones are not to bad
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I can't have it in the house.... If I have one piece... it is a trigger and then I keep going back for more until it is done. Ice cream and chocolate candy is the worst for me. For me it is very addictive. Sugar free hot chocolate and sugar free chocolate pudding does help. Also when I absolutely need chocolate... I try to go for dark chocolate... it has less sugar and is supposed to be better for you. Also... it is better to buy in smaller packages... like buy one small candy bar and not a bag of candy bars or a big bag of hershey kisses ... that when when it is done, it is done.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    All this talk about chocolate..... just when it was out of my house... my neighbor dropped off a batch of her home made chocolate toffee bars and her home made pumpkin pudding bread which was still warm. And you know I had to have a bite of both which were incrediably delicious. Haven't the foggiest idea how many calories.