Back on WW for the New Year!

Options
Well I tried WW last year for a short while, found that it was working but got a little bored with it and then spent the rest of the year playing around with calorie counting but not being particularly consistent. My problem was eating too much "junk" within my calories and WW did help me to stop that, so here I go again!

If anyone is starting up with WW again, or carrying on after the Christmas break, it would be nice to hear from you. :smile:

Replies

• runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I start WW the day after Thanksgiving! You know,,,the day after 4 pieces of pie! Yep! That one!

I have had good luck so far with WW and I don't keep junk food around so I can get to it! I can resist anything but temptation! I've lost 7# thus far. Gained 1 back due to TOM...who still hasn"t arrived! :grumble:

Good luck on your weightloss journey!

Kathy
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thank You so much for posting in the general boards as I had no idea there would be a WW group on MFP. I don't know why I didn't think to look here earlier in the year when I was on WW. It was a rocky road for me this past year as I joined Jan 26th 2012, one day after my birthday and by June 7th I quit or should I say I was more or less forced out of the classes. When I started the program they told me I was allowed 52 points. In the first 16 weeks I lost 15 pounds. When you weigh as much as I do 15 pounds in my eyes in 16 weeks was nothing. I lower my points to 37 and in the next 3 weeks I lost an additional 20 pounds. I was told if I didn't bring my points back up I would not be allowed to continued so I left. Unfortunately I was so soured by that whole encounter that I didn't continue on my own. I will not go back to a WW class again and I have been a customer since I was 13 years old and sent to their first Fat Camp in New York.
    However I do plan to keep my points at 37 and follow the program at home on my own starting Jan 2 1013. I have entered a BL challenge which starts on Saturday Jan 5th. So If you would like to become buddies and support each other I would love to hear from you and anyone else doing WW on MFP.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I rejoined in December. Officially started tracking again last week.
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    I rejoined WW just before Christmas. It's the only program I've stuck to for any length of time in the past so I use that for tracking and MFP for motivation and support. In the first 2 weeks back I lost 16.4 and have my week 3 weigh in tonight.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly tenas! That is some weight loss! Did you cut off a limb?! :laugh: Congrats on your success so far!
  • beccap72
    beccap72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found this group!! I too, have been off/on WW for several years and know it's what works for me when I work the program. I started tracking in MFP but felt hungry with only 1200/day so I started tracking PP the old fashion way (tracker) on Sunday 1/6 and have done really good this week so far. For me, not having to weigh or measure every piece of fruit/vegetables has helped tremendously. I know it's a mindset but it's what works. I tried just tracking food that has PP values and not entering the 0 PP foods but felt like I was spending too much time TRACKING. I planned out my whole week's meals and have had to adjust a couple of times due to unexpected interruptions but it wasn't hard to swap out meals.

I've enjoyed reading all of your posts and looking forward to being an active member in this group!!!:flowerforyou:
  • itsdonna35
    Options
    I've been a long time supporter and off and on again member of WW and said that if I feel I'm not getting anywhere using MFP then I would re-join WW before the end of March. I'm seriously thinking about signing up tonight. I've always had great success with WW and currently I like MFP but it's not really helping me right now.
  • gal_amy
    gal_amy Posts: 47
    Options
    I've been a long time supporter and off and on again member of WW and said that if I feel I'm not getting anywhere using MFP then I would re-join WW before the end of March. I'm seriously thinking about signing up tonight. I've always had great success with WW and currently I like MFP but it's not really helping me right now.

Why don't you use Mfp and still count points? Unless you need the meetings.
  • itsdonna35
    Options

Why don't you use Mfp and still count points? Unless you need the meetings.

I haven't been to meetings since the early 90's. I do it online. I've been using MFP and keeping a journal to track points but it's so tedious ya know? I'm just being whiney LOL I will give it a couple more days and see how I feel about joining WW again.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with you. I've been on and off WW for years and when I stick to it, it works. I feel like I'm not deprived and if I have my slips, I have the extra points for that....